Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

This is shell:
    new burgundy, old burgundy, black, brown, and walnut

[​IMG]

and add the dark brown....
    [​IMG]

2. NormP

NormP Member

Thanks to the last 10 pages or so, I will forever associate media hound with this:

[​IMG]

3. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

Something didn't sit right with that wiki entry, so I translated the trendmark website...

"Trendmark markets and represents carefully selected and the world's leading brands in clothing and shoes.

Trendmark has about 30 employees and a turnover of 100 million USD. Head office and warehouse are in Billdalsgatan south of Gothenburg. Sales offices and showroom are located in Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen.

Trend Mark AB
    Slättgårdsvägen 3
    "

They are just a European marketing and distribution company that represents the brand.

AE is still owned by GHJM.

Wikiality strikes again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

4. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Thats an even worse point than the first one...lol...Now that most people see how utterly ridiculous it sounds to brand a company the "Mediocre American and Dominican Republic Shoe and Belt and Wallet and Pen and Cuff Link and Paper Weight and Shoe Tree etc. Company" (Transparency, remember?), when those aspects represent less than a fourth of its product catalogue, we have now shifted the goal post and have begun talking about where the company's owners reside. lmao...even if you dont agree with him, you've gotta admit, at least this thread is pretty entertaining

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Initially, I was entertained. Now I'm just very tired.

6. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Dang! Just missed a pair of shell Cambridge's on eBay for $75. I should pay more attention... This shell addiction is making me mad with horse-butt greed!

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Thanks. Looks like they need to edit Wikipedia!

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I would suggest that at least part of the conversation should be AE's intent. Are they deliberately trying to deceive consumers? That seems to be the implication. While I appreciate the commentary, discussion, and questions, as far as this thread is concerned SF members must ultimately formulate their own conclusions based on the information that has been provided. Perhaps we should also prepare ourselves for the eventuality that we will not all agree on the topic (obvious for sure but maybe worth stating explicitly). Some will place more weight on the foreign aspects of the company. Some will place more weight on the domestic operations (the jobs created here in the US, the additional business for US suppliers like Horween, etc.).

I would also suggest caution when attributing any company's commercial success to a "Made in America" marketing campaign. Consumer behavior seems to be driven largely by price and at times by brand popularity regardless of where the product is made.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Hey Mediahound,

I assume you're a proud American citizen, as am I. But I had a look at your YouTube "style vids" in your signature link (some great content, by the way), and it looks like you possibly have some Asian ethnicity in you. Uh oh, this might suggest that you were not 100% made in America of 100% American parts. Should I alert the State Department and have them revoke your citizenship? :sarcasm: What's that, you say? LEGALLY you are indeed an American? Well then, legally, Allen Edmonds shoes are MADE IN THE UNITED STATES. I rest my case. :laugh:

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

This takes the cake for worst analogy ever.

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

And THIS is why I just ordered the Grayson in shell cordovan. Thank you, Mr. Grangaard. You're a rockstar. You should be teaching classes to every single business school student in the country. If only every business leader cared about quality and value the way AE does, we'd never have hit this recession (no reasonable CEO would ever have bet an entire business on credit-default swaps). Lastly, thank you for the transparency. Only an American CEO is as open and forthcoming as you are. Thank you, once again, for proving that Allen Edmonds is, indeed, the Greatest American Shoe Company.

-Jon

13. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Second this notion. Agree to disagree, I think all points have been presented. It's gotten way out of hand and almost embarrassing to read.

14. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thank-you. I will wear the badge with honor, and enjoy the cake... and eat it, too. Err, something like that.:p

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

On that note, here's one of my favorite pairs of AEs

[​IMG]

Snuff Neumok

Simply awesome . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.