1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Yeah, the fact that this is the sixth straight month that we've had snow makes me reconsider some of my life choices...
    I was really blown away by the leeds - I'll have to add those to my list of shoes to be on the lookout for (along with the daltons, macalesters, patriots, fifth streets, etc).
    I need more money.

2. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

I just placed an order for a pair of Shell Cordovan Black Park Aves from Shirley at the Shoe Bank in Port Washington. On Sunday last week she said they appeared to be seconds because one had a bit of a different finish than the other. Probably all that creme they use on them. She sent them over to have them refinish them, and she said they look great. I can't wait to get them.

3. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

How much did you pay, if you dont mind my asking?

4. evolved

evolved Senior Member

Take a look at Rancourt & Co. beefroll pennies in CXL. I think they are better looking than anything AE has to offer in the loafer space.

5. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

Thank you much! I frequently get compliments for my footwear, by both customers and co-workers. But there a couple managers who shop at Marshalls and such who make the same bowling/golf cracks over and over as if the next time they say it it will be amusing. There was a customer who complained about my orange socks last week which coordinated with my tie. He didn't buy because he couldn't manage a manual transmission, also he had a perm. :happy:

6. GOP Shoe Guy

They are listed at $449, but Shirley is checking for me to see what the 20% discount is that the Jeffersonville outlet is offering, to see if she can apply it to mine. Which would make them $360. Either way, good deal. It was the one and only in my size.

7. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

8. GOP Shoe Guy

Shirley got me the discount. An additional 20% off making them $360. :)

9. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior Member

I just ordered these yesterday! I'm excited to give them a go :)

10. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

Very nice [​IMG]

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

They are good looking shoes. Hope you enjoy them!

12. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

13. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior Member

Question for those who own Daltons and any 5 last shoes. Have you guys needed to size up by a half in order to get a proper fit on the Dalton? I measure about a 8.5d in a brannock device. I wear a TTS in strand and mcallister, after breakin they fit very well. I have a pair of Daltons in the same size. The boots feel noticeably narrower, granted the daltons are not as broken in as my 5 Last shoes. I did try the Daltons in an E Width, but they seemed too loose at the widest part of the foot and the heel was loose as well, to get them to fit decently I would have to lace them tight.

I know breaking in the Daltons will solve some of my fit problems but would going up half a size be a better fit. I could use a smidge more length in the toes and more width/volume in the rest of the shoe for a more comfortable fit.

14. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior Member

Im considering getting the Spiaggia. A couple of people have posted a few pics of them and I simply havent seen a bad looking pic of them yet. And it looks as though they have the effect of a very clean white tennis shoe, only better.

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

Is this a normal event by this website? Never heard of it before, but 50% is insane!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.