Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I was referring to the return policy itself. As for return shipping being free, the official policy on seconds is no, but I have been told by an AE store mgr that it will be free if you request it by getting a prepaid return label.

2. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I have some Bourbon Strands on their way also. I am planning to use several colors of laces - orange, lavender, purple, light green, and blue will be making the rotation on my Strands.

Chris

3. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I've had my McAllisters now for about two weeks and worn them about five times. The length seems to be perfect. It's the width that I'm worried about. I've posted on this thread before that I was originally sized at 8D and re-sized to 7.5E. Someone on this thread referred to this last like wearing a soccer shoe because of the abrupt angle of the toe. I thought the same thing when I first put them on.

Anyway, when I was recently in the store I asked the same sales man if he in fact put me in the right size and he looked again and said that he was absolutely certain that it was right. He said it'll take about 12 times wearing them to break them in properly. Is this consistent with anyone else's experience? I love the shoe and others on that last and just ordered another McAllister in another color so I'm hoping it works out, but by the end of the day my small toes are a little cramped. It doesn't help that one foot is at least a half size larger than the other.

Thanks!

4. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

It's pretty well known that AE offers shoes of a different size for each foot, but if you or others are not aware of it, it's certainly worth mentioning again. It's an extra $100 for the custom order I think.
    CH

5. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Areyoufrench asked if anyone had tan Strandmoks. Here is a picture of my tan Strandmoks, taken on St. Patrick's Day......[​IMG]

6. Jester87

Jester87 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New Pair of AE Mcallister in Walnut. Opted to go with bar lacing this time. (also going to relace my PAs)

7. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

This. I wouldn't want to distract from the beautiful bourbon leather.

8. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

These are simply f-ing gorgeous. I was fighting hard to resist, but don't think my life will be complete without a pair of these. The current sale price just seals it.

9. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Nice comparison. The Clifton is indeed much more elegant looking, both in last shape and the smaller brouging. The front of the Townley looks like the Wolverine 744LTD.

LOL. Agreed.

10. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

The design looks great! I wish a darker brown suede was offered.

11. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

12. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Received my townleys yesterday in 9D. Not sold on their appearance - a little blocky for me. The color is gorgeous.

I am planning on sending them back to AE for a refund, but wanted to ask if anyone here wanted them instead. If you do, pm me. It'll be just what I paid plus shipping to where ever you are.

13. jch1

jch1 Senior member

It's a gift and a curse that my office building has an Allen Edmonds on the 1st floor. Picking up bourbon McAllisters upon them opening today. Probably will get a box of laces too.

14. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Looking good, I would love to see the whole outfit. Looks like a car dealership? How do the customers react to the purple shoes? [​IMG]

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Mixing it up a bit today with the snuff suede Neumoks and blue laces

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.