• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Free shipping on returns? And would a regular store take seconds returns? Nearest outlet is 70 miles away :(

I was referring to the return policy itself. As for return shipping being free, the official policy on seconds is no, but I have been told by an AE store mgr that it will be free if you request it by getting a prepaid return label.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just purchased the bourbon Strands.  I'm leaning toward colored laces.  Any recommendations on color?

I have some Bourbon Strands on their way also. I am planning to use several colors of laces - orange, lavender, purple, light green, and blue will be making the rotation on my Strands.

Chris

AdamAdam

Reaction score
I've had my McAllisters now for about two weeks and worn them about five times. The length seems to be perfect. It's the width that I'm worried about. I've posted on this thread before that I was originally sized at 8D and re-sized to 7.5E. Someone on this thread referred to this last like wearing a soccer shoe because of the abrupt angle of the toe. I thought the same thing when I first put them on.

Anyway, when I was recently in the store I asked the same sales man if he in fact put me in the right size and he looked again and said that he was absolutely certain that it was right. He said it'll take about 12 times wearing them to break them in properly. Is this consistent with anyone else's experience? I love the shoe and others on that last and just ordered another McAllister in another color so I'm hoping it works out, but by the end of the day my small toes are a little cramped. It doesn't help that one foot is at least a half size larger than the other.

Thanks!

Close Hoarse

Reaction score
I've had my McAllisters now for about two weeks and worn them about five times. The length seems to be perfect. It's the width that I'm worried about. I've posted on this thread before that I was originally sized at 8D and re-sized to 7.5E. Someone on this thread referred to this last like wearing a soccer shoe because of the abrupt angle of the toe. I thought the same thing when I first put them on.

Anyway, when I was recently in the store I asked the same sales man if he in fact put me in the right size and he looked again and said that he was absolutely certain that it was right. He said it'll take about 12 times wearing them to break them in properly. Is this consistent with anyone else's experience? I love the shoe and others on that last and just ordered another McAllister in another color so I'm hoping it works out, but by the end of the day my small toes are a little cramped. It doesn't help that one foot is at least a half size larger than the other.

Thanks!

It's pretty well known that AE offers shoes of a different size for each foot, but if you or others are not aware of it, it's certainly worth mentioning again. It's an extra $100 for the custom order I think.
CH

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Areyoufrench asked if anyone had tan Strandmoks. Here is a picture of my tan Strandmoks, taken on St. Patrick's Day......

Jester87

Reaction score

New Pair of AE Mcallister in Walnut. Opted to go with bar lacing this time. (also going to relace my PAs)

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

LeviMay

Reaction score

New Pair of AE Mcallister in Walnut. Opted to go with bar lacing this time. (also going to relace my PAs)
These are simply f-ing gorgeous. I was fighting hard to resist, but don't think my life will be complete without a pair of these. The current sale price just seals it.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd take a couple comparison shots of Townley vs. Clifton. The Clifton is much sleeker (8 last vs. 1 last). Alas, the Cliftons are not shell....

Nice comparison. The Clifton is indeed much more elegant looking, both in last shape and the smaller brouging. The front of the Townley looks like the Wolverine 744LTD.

Brown.
biggrin.gif

LOL. Agreed.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Areyoufrench asked if anyone had tan Strandmoks. Here is a picture of my tan Strandmoks, taken on St. Patrick's Day......

The design looks great! I wish a darker brown suede was offered.

adamdurbin

Reaction score
Received my townleys yesterday in 9D. Not sold on their appearance - a little blocky for me. The color is gorgeous.

I am planning on sending them back to AE for a refund, but wanted to ask if anyone here wanted them instead. If you do, pm me. It'll be just what I paid plus shipping to where ever you are.

jch1

Reaction score
It's a gift and a curse that my office building has an Allen Edmonds on the 1st floor. Picking up bourbon McAllisters upon them opening today. Probably will get a box of laces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads