1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willin

Willin Well-Known Member

Could someone please just clarify this for me? I have been reading through the thread but haven't found the exact information.

Amazon is currently having a 20% off sale on firsts from now until Valentine's Day?

Then there is a seperate 15% sale going on for AE seconds which begins on 2/7?

Or does the 15% sale apply to all of their shoes in their flagship stores? I have an AE storefront outside my building in Manhattan and I'm wondering if I should scoop up a pair from Amazon or wait for a sale tomorrow to get them downstairs.

Thanks for clarification!

2. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

Looks like the review is up on allenedmonds.com.

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

^ The review was not as much clock & dagger as I expected. I also have noticed the lack of finishing expertise that I have come to expect from AE. Hopefully they get the host of rookies at the factory fully trained soon.

4. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

I usually dont post here because it would be :spam: ing but the Neumora is now currently available for pre-order in black and brown (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Hi, there are 2 things going on right now.

1. Tomorrow is the official start of the "seconds" sale at the AE shoebank. You need to call in your orders, as far as I can tell that's the only way to make them. Someone posted the contact info earlier, maybe a couple pages back.

2. Amazon is having a sale on firsts, that a gentleman posted on page or so back. These are firsts, and the prices are good.

There's nothing about the regular retail storefronts. Amazon is going to get you better prices for firsts than the storefront downstairs.

6. 454Casull

454Casull Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean?

7. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Means he made it seem like a big deal, which it wasn't.

8. lostron

lostron Well-Known Member

For those of you in Ny, Allen edmonds shoes can always be had for buy 1 get one 50% off from stores like Stapleton and other stores around the fin district area.. Not the greatest deal but if you are in a hurry then that's an option

9. elbastardocalvo

So I've been eyeing walnut Strands. Today's seconds sale has them for $220, but they're $250 with the current Amazon sale (fists). Seems like Amazon is the better choice.

That said, the seconds sale has a bunch of other great options in my size, including chili Delrays for $139, walnut grain MacNeils for $179, and a black McTavish for $198. Decisions, decisions...

10. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

This sale is great! I picked up a pair of lasalles (look better to me than the delrays) and some merlot park avenues. I don't know what I'm going to do when the neumoras come out though after this splurge.

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Just read your review. That pair of Katmais they sent you is horrendous. Especially the last picture of the back of the shoes - I cannot believe they sold them like that. Where did you get these? Were they seconds?

12. JubeiSpiegel

If you already have plenty of shoes in your rotation, go with the first quality Strands, on Amazon. If you are just starting out, might want to get 2 pair of seconds, spread your money more.

13. JubeiSpiegel

Sell a kidney, you'll soon have that money... :nodding:

14. elbastardocalvo

I've assembled a bit of an AE collection recently: PAs (black) Delray (brown) Soho (saddle) Player's (walnut) and Bayfield (brown chromexel). Also in my closet are a couple of vintage Florsheims, a more recent Florsheim Hugo boot (which I love), and some Clarks driving shoes. The Strands just call to me, but then so do the McTavish.

15. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

Pics of the family please!

16. 454Casull

454Casull Well-Known Member

No, first-grade (assumedly). These were ordered online direct from AE.

17. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Well-Known Member

Wow, when did Allen Edmonds release a Chocolate Suede Fifth Avenue? I've been looking for a chocolate suede balamoral captoe. Didn't know Allen Edmonds had one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

19. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Well-Known Member

Yeap, Just browsing through and saw them. AE doesn't currently have a suede balamoral captoe shoe in their collection I believe.

20. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

I would be on that suede Fifth Avenue so damn quick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.