1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Take a read through this thread. They are plenty of both

2. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

That's fair. It is a long thread though; and I've been a lurker for a while and don't remember seeing much

3. thecooldude33

thecooldude33 Active Member

It was mainly the Saphir wax. I started with a light coat of AE cleaner conditioner followed by a light coat of AE polish. After that, I started with the Saphir wax. A couple of coats on the entire shoe, and many light coats on the caps (probably a couple of dozen light coats). I used a flannel cloth to apply a thin layer of wax to the caps with a couple of drops of water mixed in. Then I used a buffing cloth to remove the wax. I finished with a once over with some nylon pantyhose. Also, a couple of times I would apply the wax to the caps and let the wax sit overnight. I believe that the longer the wax is on the shoe, the deeper the shine will be. The pics I took were taken after leaving some wax on the caps overnight for probably the third of fourth time. Hope this helps.

4. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Here y'go. Every mention in this thread of the phrase "shell Dalton," all 320 of them, from the very first on 12/21/11 by (of course) Cold Iron.

5. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

[​IMG]

Gettin' compliments on my long branches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Ha! Thanks, 320 is...a lot!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I have a pair of Burgundy Shell Daltons and absolutely love them. They do a terrific job of showcasing the Shell because it has such large surfaces. Recommend, but I think they are one of AE's most expensive shoes. But you do get a lot of shell on them.

-Mike

9. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

^ I want to buy pair of shell thigh-high boots just so I get maximum amount of shell possible.

10. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

I noticed this when I removed my orthotics from my Scottsdales this evening:
    [​IMG]

There was no noticeable damage to them this morning when I removed my shoe trees and then placed my orthotics in to the shoes. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have owned these shoes for a little over six weeks and have maybe worn them 15 times, all with my orthotics. It's distressing to see damage to my shoes from what I consider to be very normal wear.

Edit: Looking further inside the shoe with a flash light I can see that this is also starting to happen on either side of the ball of my foot. There is no problem what so ever with my Ashtons, So I assume this entirely has to do with the soft rubber/foam sole of the 1511G shoes vs the harder sole of the 8-678 shoes.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  11. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Great combo NeedanM3.

Cross post from sock thread. My now slightly broken in Delreys in Chili.

[​IMG]

12. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

They look like my AE Barrington wingtips! A great looking shoe and comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  13. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    As said before, only work with the department manager - not a sales associate.

Managers can provide any size, any style, any color, plus a professional fit. Anyone else is a risk.

If you wish to contact the manager I work with, send me a private message.

David

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

There are supposedly several new suede shoes coming out in the Fall. IIRC, I think a sude Strand was one of the anticipated shoes (not sure on this). I would wait to see what comes out.

15. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Yes, you can order it in suede.

16. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Read through this: http://oldleathershoe.com/wordpress/?p=122

AE's Premium Polish is a Cream Polish, as described in the article. Don't confuse this with AE's Shoe Cream, that you may see on their website. It has an even lower wax content than the others, and has a much higher dye content.

17. NeedAnM3

NeedAnM3 Member

Thanks donjuan! Great combo in your pic as well.

18. MrWN

MrWN Well-Known Member

I think 100 pages back, a few posters warned everyone to stay away from that website. Supposedly a sham.

19. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

It's a scam website. Do not order from them.

20. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Did you mean to respond to the post about the website the previous poster was asking about? The SF member is supposedly legit and others have commented positively.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.