1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jch1

jch1 Senior member

So it looks like waiting for the Olive Neumoks was a waste of time since they aren't included in the sale offerings. Didn't somebody say they were confident that all colors of the Neumoks would be on sale?

2. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

New webgems are up. Search for "Arcadia." Ugly loafers.

3. epc2

epc2 Senior member

No Walnut Mccallisters!! Damm.

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

5. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

It may be hard to see from the photo, so here are the color choices:

Strand ($229.90) - walnut
    Park Avenue ($229.90) - black
    LaSalle ($196.90) - chili, black
    Neumok ($169.90) - brown, blue
    McAllister ($229.90) - black
    Dalton ($259.90) - walnut
    Maxfiled ($179.90) - chili, black

Classic Wide Belt ($62.90) - walnut, dark brown, chili, black
    Manistee Belt ($76.90) - walnut, brown, black

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Where did you pull this from?

7. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I wanted walnut McAllister, snuff suede Neumok, merlot belt. Swing and a miss.

Can anyone gives thoughts on the brown Neumok vs. the dark brown cognac McTavish? Nordstrom sale cost is not a factor as I can get the McTavish for the same price.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  8. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I don't know the personal needs and appearance that you are seeking to fill, but the Cognac McTavish is a substantially nicer and higher quality shoe. Much more bang for your buck.

2 people like this.
  9. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Directly from the Nordstrom's site, but I needed to log in with my account in order to see the 'Early Access' sale. I believe you need to be some type of Nordstrom cardholder (debit or credit) to get access before July 19. Then I just filtered by Allen Edmonds.

10. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I was hoping for a suede Neumok too. I may end up with the brown. I like the McTavish too, but already have that in black. The cognac version looks really nice though, so I may take a trip to Nordstroms for a comparison.

1 person likes this.
  11. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I currently have Strands in walnut and McAllisters in merlot and love them. I also have brown Amoks on the way. However, I wear dress pants to work specifically so I can wear those shoes (with more dress pants on the way to wear them more often). Other days I wear J. Crew or GAP chinos with suede bucks (grey & blue) or suede wingtips (grey & brown).

What I was looking for next was something leather that I can wear with those plain front non creased chinos or with dark jeans.

12. pdxmatt

pdxmatt Member

With all of the sales going on, I decided to finally take the leap and buy my first pairs of AE's. I went with black the McTavish, walnut Strand, and walnut Daltons. I should be set for a while :)

13. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

consider adding some brown to your new collection? You think you're set...but you'll never be. Happy shopping.

14. pdxmatt

pdxmatt Member

Does bourbon count? Because I already have my eye on the Larchmont's... :)

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Same as what I went with during last years sales, youll be a happy camper. Add the dark brown fifth avenue boot next :)

16. gtvisa2002

gtvisa2002 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. All I wanted was a pair of black cap-toe for interview about 9 months ago. Now I own 4 pairs of AEs. This forum is addictive, I may need an intervention [​IMG].

17. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Its okay theres threads for that...always remember worst case scenario the bank will take everything except the clothes on your back ;p

18. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I still think the Cognac McTavish is the better shoe, and the quality of it above the Neumok is noticeable. However, my original comment still has merit, being that I don't know what appearance you are seeking to fill. The Neumok may well be exactly what suits your style, and that's fine. Both will go well with the pants you have described, but the shoe choice will have a large impact on the finished effect.

1 person likes this.
  19. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

A little weird but those are the exact three items I am interested in, especially the latter two. I haven't given up, though, on my AE guy price matching in colors I want. We'll see.

20. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.