1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spex

Spex Senior member

Thes

Those are the sleekest looking pair of Park Aves I've ever seen (probably why the width question was asked). Maybe a pair in my size of 10.5 would look as good.

The Strands remind me of my dark brown Fifth Street boots. Love them and they rock with all my suits. Great choices here!

2. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

PAs are too plain for me. A little broguing makes it a little more fun to wear.

3. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Just picked these up for 2 bills at the Rack. Called "Links" and they were new to me. Looks like a custom Shelton of sorts, same last I think.

[​IMG]

4. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

Thanks! Do the PAs usually look clunky otherwise?

5. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

My MTO Walnut Shell Macneils should arrive today. It has been about a 10 week wait. It is gonna be a long day.... I can't wait to get home and see them.

6. njruss

njruss Senior member

Anyone have experience with Holton loafers? I have a chance to pick up a lightly used pair of brown ones for $45 shipped. Thanks!

7. njruss

njruss Senior member

Lso, any tips on belt care? Just picked up a couple of AE belt seconds.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice! I bet they will look great

9. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Just that you shouldn't polish it or you'll likely stain your pants (I asked a long time ago and was warned not to). I think any leather conditioner/cleaner should be enough. So AE Conditioner/Cleaner or Saphir Renovateur to clean, or just AE Leather Lotion.

What belt seconds did you get and for how much? I've never tried.

10. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

I've never thought about conditioning my belts, but it makes total sense. Some of mine are looking rather dry.

11. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Before I got into shoes and caring for them, I used Leather Honey on one of my belts and was really happy with how supple it made it. However, Leather Honey darkens leather, so I wouldn't recommend it for general use.

12. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

I have seen the error of my ways, and have repented.

My Wolverine 1000 Mile Montgomery boots arrived today, and are definitely not what I had in mind.

I have ordered a pair of AE Bayfields, and will endure the requisite lashes for straying.

I also don't think I can return the Wolverines, so if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM. I'll let them go cheap.

13. MrWN

MrWN Well-Known Member

Can you take some pictures of them and post?

14. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

good luck finding a buyer for those boots! What were you thinking buying those?????? They have no class and look cheapish.

15. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Thanks. Like I don't feel bad already... :embar:

They're not cheap or anything, really, just different than I expected and won't go with tweed and flannel like I'd hoped. With jeans or more of a SW&D vibe, they'd be cool.

I've ready packed them back up, but here's a Google Images pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Talk about kicking a guy when he's down . . .

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

A little harsh, no? They look OK to me in the pic above.

18. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

hey man... We have all (myself most definitely included) had our "WTF was I thinking!" moments. Don't beat yourself up about it, the agony will go away the second you pull your new AE's out of the box... That wonderful smell is enough to cure any amount of sadness, grief, or guilt. I'll will never forget the smell of my first pair of AE's when I took them out of the box. Reminds me of hard work and high quality (my father is a carpenter so I grew up around a similar smell). Just think, every time you put on your new AE boots in the coming decades you'll have a good chuckle about the time you almost went with another pair of boots.

19. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Don't feel too bad. Theres a guy on eBay who's sold like 8 pairs @ $279.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160970902918

Just be patient. They're not my style, but let's face it - neither are corrected grain slip-ons and if you saw my office you'd think those were the best.

You'll sell 'em...don't take too much of a loss - that'll probably make it hurt even more.

20. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Haha... Thanks for the support, guys.

The seller is letting me return them, so shipping to the States (and Canada Customs fees... sigh) aside, no harm done.

Lands' End figures I should have my Bayfields by the end of next week, just in time for a vacation to England and Scotland. They'll get some miles right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.