Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

It looks like they did a pretty good job cleaning up the uppers.

Are those nubuck shoes part of the "corporate casuals" line?

2. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Their recrafting service does an amazing job and I researched it a lot prior to sending it to them and most have had similar, positive experiences. It can take a bit of time to get them back though, I think on average it has been 4 weeks for me. They say they only recommend recrafting 3-4 times total, at least in my exchanges with them.

I have typically sent my shell cordovans in for recrafting. I'm not convinced the recrafting is worth it on calf leather models since the recraft can cost half the price of a new pair if you get their $150 service.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013

3. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Yes, those are part of the Corporate Casuals collection. I bought those at the Chicago AE store in about 1998.

Chris

4. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

What a great collection and picture, as are all of yours. I too wondered about the color difference and ordered the brown shell Patriot for the same reason. I am very interested in your thoughts once you have the Dark Brown Dundees in hand to compare. You know we could have tackled customer service with that question instead, but I kind of liked the idea as an excuse to order another pair better.

I wasn't comfortable replying back to your post on the other thread as that one is focused on another brand and not AE. But you nailed it in your response here and now understand why I am so loyal to AE. Welcome aboard :)

Yes your Admiral will notice your shoes, he didn't get that far without paying attention to detail. And your men even more so, I am a firm believer in leadership by example. Every year I still get together for 2 weeks with the Admiral and several other retired military men and our dogs to hunt pheasant in SD. And look forward to the next year as soon as we depart.

About my screen name thing that you mentioned, Cold Iron is an old Naval Engineering term for the ship being shut down and hotel services are being received from the pier. It also means you are no longer at sea deployed away from home and family. The first 10 years or so weren't too bad but it gets harder and harder each deployment to leave your family. I had more sea time than Moby Dick and toward the end of my career looked forward to the day that I was Cold Iron and no longer had to leave my family. But wouldn't have given up my experiences and service for anything else, no regrets.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of you wearing your Leeds in uniform someday. Very much so! In the mean time keep your head on a swivel and be safe.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Where can I still pickup some pebbled grain Leeds in black?

6. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Once again I agree with everything you said bucksfan, and very well said as always.

Walnut is the lightest of the brown shell colors AE offers although shell isn't always perfect or the same color every batch, it varies. Here is a picture of the samples they sent me:
    [​IMG]

And a picture of the Dundee in every shell color offered by AE that I am aware of.

[​IMG]

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Thanks for the compliment! I've always loved your shell collection. I spoke with customer service. They said that the brown and dark brown are similar, yet different. My local SA told me that the difference is a big difference, but didn't have either color in stock. Another SA told me there's almost no difference. Since I couldn't get a straight answer, I thought I'd settle it once and for all. I've wanted shell chukkas for a while anyways, so this was a good excuse.

9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

So it looks like you're missing either brown or dark brown. Assuming, of course, that they are actually different colors.

10. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Isn't the one with the lighter welt (top, left) Alden ravello?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013

11. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I've watched as companies have whittled away at their stock offerings to the point that searching on Zappos for my size yields zero dress shoes. Allen Edmonds, meanwhile, has maintained fifteen shoes representing eight distinct styles in AA widths. That alone has sufficed. But now, to know that I'll finally be able to order burgundy shell longwings without resorting to eBay -- that is absolutely golden. It's so rare to find the "if it can be done, we'll do it" mentality in a large corporation. I am floored.

Thank you!

12. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

Any chance that the Purple Suede webgems will be back and on sale?

13. lostron

lostron Senior member

Awesome service by Allen Edmonds!

14. trig

trig Senior member

anyone ever heard of allen edmonds fairlawn shoes? anybody know the last or how they fit?

15. Busa

Busa Senior member

Oh my gawd- for a split second there I saw the shell samples and thought, "Wow I knew they made matching belts but now they have iPhone covers to match, too??" [​IMG]

I'm sure if they did there are people on here who would buy them... one to match each pair of shoes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.