1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petitnoblesse

petitnoblesse Senior Member

If they had my size in this color I would grab them.. I like distressed leather, and contrasting color, more a casual shoe but nice nonetheless.

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Distinguished Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

3. ToucanSam

ToucanSam Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. Is there any place in the next month I can get them for cheaper than retail?

4. rostov

rostov Senior Member

Bought a pair of the Sandlots today for $50 - my 4th pair of AEs in as many months. I'm not a baseball fan, but picked up a pair with my home town's logo anyway. I honestly just love how they look enough to ignore that they're Dominican made, cemented shoes. They'll be a good drop-in for the Ashburys when I wear shorts, or just don't want to wear boots.

In other news, my *replacement* Strands are doing worse than the ones they replaced. The SF store replaced my 2-month-old Strands due to a bad heel. One of the shoes from the new pair has wrinkly / cracked leather on the medial quarters (e.g. my inside ankle) after a single wear. Also, the broguing of that same part is not aligned correctly, neither my other pair nor the other shoe from this same pair has had these problems.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

5. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Are you having foot problems? Or are you just curious?

6. tv2177

tv2177 Distinguished Member

very tempting in buying the players from nordstrom. how does the 2 lasts fit?

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Distinguished Member

This is the narrow last. Also known as the Executive last. Same one as the Lombard.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Distinguished Member

^so i guess i should size down on length and size wider on width?

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Distinguished Member

I did not try (wish I had), so I can't confirm. But I can confirm that my Lombards were very long. There probably is room to size down if you go up in width.

10. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

To all those considering the Lombards, they are a narrow fitting last. They are on the Exec. last. My suggestions is to size down 1/2 a size and go wide 1 size. For example if you typically wear an 11D purchase a 10.5E.

11. rostov

rostov Senior Member

Unless you're already wearing a EEE, in which case, go up half a size in length. Unfortunately, this makes these shoes *very* long. It kind of works on the Ashbury, being a boot, but I'm scared to think how Lombards would look...

12. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

The 2 last is a beast that I haven't been able to figure out yet. Normally the 5 last fits me like a glove (park aves, strands, macneils) and some have said that the 2 fits similarly, but I found that hasn't been the case.

The Van Ness, on the executive last is extremely narrow throughout the shoe from opening to toe, and it seems a little shorter than the 5.

The Player's shoe on the other hand feels a good bit longer than the 5 and feels too loose in the instep and heel for me. I know part of it is because the Player's is a blucher and suede may be more flexible, but the differences between the 2 shouldn't be that great.

Really wish I could fit a chocolate players though [​IMG]

Anyway, anyone out there with Steinbok pics (and also a description of fit compared to the 5) ?! Very tempting at the price right now for a casual shoe.

14. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior Member

The 2 last just sucks fit-wise, which sucks because AE makes a lot of good-looking shoes on the last. I also think the executive rubber dress sole is about the best looking rubber sole on a dress shoe that I've seen. I tried sizing up, and that didn't work. I guess going out in width is an option, but I found that the toe box was the problem area. I assume sizing up in width would cause the heel to be too big. I'd be interested in hearing if going down in length and up in width on the 2 last has actually worked for someone.

15. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior Member

It fits true to size for me.

I wear 11D for reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.