1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

Excellent comparison! Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I *think*I like the new finish more as it removes the light cherry/pinkish tones of the old finish. since you own both, what are your thoughts? that said, The lighting in the picture makes the new one look a bit flat / lacking luster. Do you find that to be the case in real life?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. rootskier

rootskier Active Member

Part of that may be the "new" finish, but a large part is just the aging of the shell. It changes color a lot and it doesn't take very long to do it. I bet if you put one of those MacNeils in the direct sun for two full days you'd easily be able to tell which one it was because it would be noticeably lighter.

3. Barroomheroes

Barroomheroes Well-Known Member

I too plan on picking up two suits during the anniversary sale. Probably the Joseph Abboud Dignature or Hugo Boss Pasolini. The anniversary sale is the biggest of the year.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Excellent!! I am assuming your Bayfields are cordovan? When did you order them? I am just trying to gauge when mine might be ready

5. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Where is David Copeland these days? He would certainly have some insight on this

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

What boot is that sir?

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Looks like the Eagle Country but I am not 100% because it seems like fewer eyelets

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Come to think of it, it seems like the Rider Boot he did in walnut shell

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

this

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Rider Boot Co,

I purchased these from J Gilbert.

11. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Would like to get your guys perspective on this

12. Kave

Kave Member

It could be seperating or it could just be an issue with the fit not being right. Either way if you have worn them you are not going to be able to return them since they are factory seconds. So at this point you just wear them and assume no issues will arise, when you go to resole them the issue will be resolved.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

Return them if you can, but since they are seconds, not too sure. but that can be easily fixed by a cobbler.

14. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

743 posts since I logged on last time....ouch. I guess I'll just skip all of that! Any major highlights I should know about?!

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

probably better people than me to fill you in but in general id say you missed out on the great jab pricing error of 2013 and youre back just in time for sales time.

16. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Looks like some additional styles added to the AE Clearance

17. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Nothing major. Cold Iron and Bucksfan decided they were tired of shell and gave away their collections.

2 people like this.
  18. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

So I went back to read about that. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that people will rush to capitalize on an error in order to cheat the retailer.

That's pretty unclassy.

2 people like this.
  19. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

^que the controversy [​IMG]

20. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

My AE brown shell patriots have broken in very nicely. They loosened up a good bit from when I first wore then and they are now very comfortable. The only issue i've had is that the creases are different on each shoe. I actually tried to crease them the same before I really wore them out but on these it didn't work. I have the Burgundy shell version as well that i'm trying to break in and each shoe creases different on that pair as well. It doesn't bother me at all but it looks a little funny.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.