Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Thank you - I am going to check it out.

Chris

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thank you!

3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Received my Brown Fifth Avenue seconds today, and I'm pleased to report that there's no gaping on this pair at all. I'll definitely be returning my recently purchased first quality Park Avenues that had some gaping on the right shoe.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Absolutely beautiful shoes and I can't tell at all what caused them to be sold as seconds. Totally satisfied with the purchase, and now I'm considering just getting a refund for my first quality Park Avenues and just getting a pair of those in seconds as well.

4. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Are you the one who wears 3 pairs of socks when buying shoes on sale but in the wrong size? If so, it is a good thing you got this extra pair of socks. If not, then I know someone who would be interested in this promotion

6. GentlemanJohnny

GentlemanJohnny Well-Known Member

Cold Iron,

I was thinking about getting that wallet (toss-up between that and a simple shell card wallet from the same website) but I was wondering how sturdy that metal piece is...what are your thoughts? Does the metal binding bend or flex easily? How tightly does it clasp your bills? Do you find it easy to slide bills in and out? I currently just have a saddleback wallet but definitely want a shell wallet...just not sure which to get. Can you post a picture of it sitting flat on its side with bills and cards in it...I'm curious as to how thin it is to a standard bifold wallet.

~Johnny

7. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

No I'm not the three sock guy would of never thought about that

8. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thanks again for the heads-up on this deal; I just took advantage of it. The woman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Sorry for the scare. :embar: From the outside, it's hard to tell how much AE's quality control has improved, but I still think they have a ways to go, unfortunately.... On the wallet, I've been putting my wallet in my front pocket for a few years now. Picked up the habit for security, since I travel to a variety of places. I've switched to a very small card holder, similar to yours, except that I don't carry cash in it, and it's not cordovan. I had one made my Nicholas Hollows, who used to have a thread here (not sure if he still does). I've posted these picture before:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I based the design loosely on the Louis Vuitton Pocket Organizer, which a friend has and which I consider the perfect size and functionality: http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...-Goods/products/Pocket-Organizer-TAIGA-M32656

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  10. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

11. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

Here are some vintage Florsheim Imperial Burgundy Shell Cordovan PTB's with some AE blue laces. I have had quite a few compliments on these. To be clear, I did this because I already have two pair of burgundy shell (Cambridge and MacNeil) shoes that I use with traditional laces, so this vintage eBay pickup was a time for experimentation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

Oh and one more. Here are my brown Neumoks with the packaged alternate red laces. I love these shoes, but the right shoe is substantially looser than the left shoe, so my laces are pulled tight on the right one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Hey, just wondering - If given the option between the BROWN Shell Cordovan Dundee, and the BURGUNDY Shell Cordovan Bradly, which one would be chosen for someone with a pretty casual dark denim jeans/longsleeve buttondown type of wardrobe? In the 30 ish age range? Im highly considering exchanging the unworn burgundy cordovan Bradley's for the Dundee.

14. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

To chime in -- I've been using a Mitchell shell money clip wallet (wheat CXL interior, burgundy shell exterior) for the last few months and am quite fond of it. Some photos as requested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I keep it in the back right pocket; it's a bit too bulky for me to use as a front pocket wallet. It's right now maxed out with sixteen cards and measures 3/4" wide when compressed. The clip does its job just fine -- nothing's going to fall out, and it only takes an extra moment to slide bills in.

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I think I'd go with the brown shell Dundee. It strikes me as something that works better with denim. I don't think I've ever worn my burgundy shell Bradleys with denim, but would definitely wear them with my Dundees (I have the cappuccino version, but it's close enough to brown in my opinion).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.