1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PK35216

PK35216 Senior Member

Thanks. They are called Oneals and are on the 5 last, I think (I'll double check later). One very comfortable shoe. Chili colored. My only pair in that color. I need some more.

2. md2010

md2010 Distinguished Member

Wearing my Mora today. Its on 8 last – which is perfect for my feet type. I applied loads of conditioner on the vamp area on Mora this morning for 1 hour before polishing them off. But the left shoe is showing quit ugly looking crease ( its like bow and creasing inwards) where right shoe showing 1 shell like roll and crease on the either side on the roll. What I am thinking the conditioner didn't penetrate the leather on the left shoe as much as it did on the right one. Pictures will follow….

3. Raist

Raist Active Member

I just bought a pair of AE Lloyd's on the Bay and was wondering if they are cordovan? I've never owned a pair of cordovan shoes but have read that one way to tell is the creases tend to lighten instead of darken like calf skin. The creases on the ones I bought are lighter. I haven't been able to find much online about the Lloyds. I did a search on here too but didn't find anything definitive on if any Lloyd's were made of cordovan or not. Sorry for rambling a bit, I just want to make sure I take care of them the right way.

4. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

5. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior Member

The Lloyd was made in cordovan, but as far as determining whether your pair is, maybe it would help if you posted pictures. If it helps you figure it out, cordovan has a tendency to ripple rather than create micro-creases that you see on calf shoes.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

6. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

What color are they? Pictures would help. If it is the Lloyd that looks similar to the current McCallister, i'm pretty sure it isn't cordovan.

7. polojock615

polojock615 Senior Member

Sherman Brothers is running a 15% off AE with code "warmupfb". Shell is included. They don't charge to ship to you, or tax. I've used them before and they even helped me get my shark Cliftons. Very reliable and super cool. Not bad savings, if anyone is interested. Shoes drop-ship from AE.

8. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior Member

Can anyone comment whether the eagle county boots run large or true to size?

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

my apologies, i thought it was[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] renovateur that was being looked for [/FONT]

10. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

I may be wrong, and you own the shoes so you may know better, but I thought these shoes were called the Berkley?

11. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

None necessary.

I just got a little overly excited because I've been trying to find some. There's supposedly a shortage of Renomat in Europe, and the customer support people at the Hanger Project told me it'll be 2-3 more weeks before they get any.

12. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior Member

Cross-posted from The Hanger Project thread. Used Saphir Mahogany polishes on my brown burnished calf Delrays.

13. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Nuemok owners please help.

I purchased a pair of Nuemok's in 11D and they fit fine in width (snug but not tight) but had too much toe room.

I imagine 10.5D will be good in length but will there be a significant difference in width with a half size down?

I wear 11D in Strand, Dalton and Weybridge.

I've searched this thread and some people talk about sizing down for length but I can't finding discussion how it affects width.

I would probably wear these sockless as a casual summer shoe.

I live in Toronto so I can't find a store to try them. And I lost ~$80 in shipping to buy and return the first pair so I'd hate to have that happen again. Appreciate the help.

14. meister

meister Distinguished Member

One of AEs greatest designs and being a bit vintage better quality to boot.

15. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

I'm curious about this statement. Why are vintage models better quality? Being new to the "better" shoe scene, I don't know anything about the quality of shoes beyond one year ago. Has AE quality decreased? Is it something with the leather? This is not the first time I have heard this statement - I believe fritzl mentioned that vintage AEs had good quality leather, but I'm not clear what the difference is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.