1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Boardroom = 7 last, Park Ave = 5 last.

2. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

3. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

I should have searched this thread! Looks like it's made on the 7 last.

4. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

I've not tried anything on the 7 last but I will definitely be looking into it! It might suit my EEE duck feet better.

5. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior Member

Whoever Mark from New Jersey is just got a steal. I called my friend Mr. Earl at my AE to buy them myself and put them on Ebay and he said I was about 30 seconds too late. Congratulations sir, message me for my address for sending those Amoks as thanks haha.

6. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

That'll teach ya!

7. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior Member

Sorry for the newbie question, I'm not to knowledgeable on high end shoes, but what makes Allen Edmonds shoes so special and high quality when compared to others like Gucci, Prada etc.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

8. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

One major difference is, a lot of those designer shoes are not goodyear welted. AE for the most part are, which allows mulitple easy recrafting of the soles. And the styles of AE are often timeless, as opposed to many fashion forward designs from high end designers. And they are made in the US, which is a plus for me. I cannot speak on quality of the materials between those brands though, I am sure they use good leather and such.

9. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Distinguished Member

finally decided to wear my krause boots that i got via the crazy deal a few months back. I initially planned to return them since the color is quite a bit mismatched (left side is darker and has more of a black-ish tinge than the right) but eventually i figured they would start to converge over time as they darken/lighten due to wear. plus, THEY ARE WORKBOOTS WHO CARES.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

10. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

Got my hands on some Manhattans in size 14D. GOD sent![​IMG]

11. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

Really cool shoes- catch them on the 'bay? I really hope AE considers bringing back some wholecuts... I have a pair of fairfaxes in my closet waiting for their maiden voyage

12. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

And there new never worn. Fresh for 2013! 14D's are like a rare fine wine. They cross your path seldom. [​IMG]

13. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

I have fairfaxes as well. I wish they would bring the whole cut styles back also. I think we will be waiting a while. Weybridges, Westgate are styles along those lines I want to see also.

14. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

I'm in perfect agreement with the idea that AE is trying to capitalize on the market. I'm new to AE but not new to buying quality products that last versus lesser products that need to be replaced more frequently. I liken the current AE lineup to my directv listings. Tons of stuff but I typically only watch a handful of shows. Likewise, I've developed a fondness for a handful of AE shoes, am ambivalent on most, and find a few downright ugly. I'm a brand loyal consumer so as long as AE continues to produce high quality products at fair prices, they'll hold my attention. Like $wellSpent, I've been hoping for some things in this spring lineup but I don't think I've been yearning for as long. Cappuccino shell McAllisters come to mind. I may end up with bourbon calf if they don't come out with those soon but I know I won't be disappointed in the shoe in that case; maybe just disappointed in the timing if the cappuccinos come out after I buy the Macs.
    I didn't really say anything above. Rather, just chiming in to say that I think everyone gas expressed valid points, concerns, and hopes. I think the current CEO has his stuff together. I see them testing the market with some "flashier" offerings, but I think the will still hold the attention of the purist with their classic shoes.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Ah, gotcha. I have the exact same issue - a Regular is too short and a Long is too long. Samuelsohn is an option as they make a semi-tall that is perfect for those our height. I've also found a Long in Corneliani and other Italian jackets that are cut very short work pretty well for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.