1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Distinguished Member

can you confirm that it was the mora and not the neumora that you got? after seeing a couple of people post about getting moras through the 2 for $250 sale i called the shoe bank, and the guy on the phone politely informed me that i was out of my mind with my crazy-talk of moras.

2. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

Yes, they will recraft seconds. Second quality shoes should only have cosmetic flaws - some more noticable than others. The structural integrity of the shoe shouldn't be compromised, thus allowing them to be recrafted when the time comes.

The Moras are a discontinued model, and therefore a rare find. However, it seems as though the AE shoebank and outlets hold on to discontinued models for quite sometime; however long it takes to sell them. I didn't get a pair myself, but I can assure you that the gentlemen on this forum are speaking correctly when they say they scored a pair of Moras.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

3. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

9E's would be nice.

4. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

maiden voyage of the Neumok snuff suede. These are like slippers.

[​IMG]

5. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

Those are gorgeous. Wear in good health!

6. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

Sizzle, those look great! I'm torn between so many shoes now. My wife already thinks I'm obsessed with this new AE fetish.

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior Member

I received my BRIGHT BLUE Neumoks yesterday. They're awesome but they have an overwhelming smell of waterproof spray on them. Crazy - you could get high off of smelling them. Did anyone else have this issue? It's certainly not a problem - just curious.

8. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

Right she is, isn't she? [​IMG]

9. MarcusJY

MarcusJY Member

Yes!! I got some orange and green ones (Alma Mater colors)......They kind of loud in color and smell lol ...but I like them and will wear them when I get a chance. I was surprised they also came with orange & tan laces.
    i [​IMG]

10. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior Member

Heads up - some new Webgems were just added to the site, as well as the Spiaggia and the Brady.

11. md2010

md2010 Distinguished Member

I can confirm it is The Original Mora !
    Maybe next time when you call the shoe bank give them this style code - 7068S - Mora - Brown - currently on close out sale for $157.50.
    I will post some picture of Mora next to strands and fifth ave just to compare the toe cap difference. Honestly AE needs to start making few cap toe oxfords on this last.

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

My football leather Neumoks had probably the same smell you are describing when it arrived. It went away in a couple of days though, perhaps because I applied some leather lotion.

13. random-adam

random-adam Distinguished Member

I saw some of those, and they were fantastic -- but I'm on a shoe-buying moratorium (unless I can find near-perfect 14AA Ritz formal shoes or MacNeils in burgundy shell) until November. My collection at this point covers almost everything I need, those two omissions notwithstanding. I'd love to own more... but a 92-year-old house and life in the DC area demand my dollars go elsewhere.

I hear you on proportional feet. I'm 6'2"/160; shopping for anything clothing-related except ties and cuff links is an exercise in futility. It's no problem finding XXXL tall, heaven forbid anybody make a small tall... but I'm getting off-topic. :embar:

14. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Those are the results I would expect if my 4 year old got a blue marker and went to town on my shoes.

[​IMG]

15. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

So the Kenilworth with colored lining and sole? What is going on? Not even a discount from the normal Kenilworth like they usually do on web gems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.