Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

That should only be found on a factory second, since it surely shouldn't get past QC. That said, it looks like a small knick or gouge to me. The leather shouldn't chip, and it certainly shouldn't crack unless it is neglected for quite a long period of time. On a new pair, I'd simply guess that it was a manufactering flaw. It's up to you as to whether or not it is a deal breaker, but I'd be comfortable with the integrity of the shoe itself.

2. MoneyWellSpent

Agree that they are a good find, and will be great for rainy days. Also, they are a rare case of an Allen Edmonds shoe made with a 270 degree welt rather than a 360 (which they experimented with on the short lived Executive Collection), so they are a bit different from that perspective as well!

3. MoneyWellSpent

They look good! Hope you enjoy them!

4. MoneyWellSpent

I love the earthy color combination and how the walnut really pops in contrast with the pants. Looking good!

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

So are the Lombard, Presidio and Van Ness all part of the Executive Collection? I believe the Presidio is, but not sure about the others. Is the entire executive collection based on the 2-last?

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I have heard that the new golf shoes are going to be cheaper in price, water-proof and have no traditional golf cleats - they will have a sole similar to the SLV golf sole.

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I consider myself an AE fan, but have never remotely considered one of their golf shoes. My money goes to those who have made the design and fabrication of actual golf shoes their primary focus, rather than to a company that thinks screwing cleats into the sole of some random Oxford is good enough.

8. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

9. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

Considered you play golf to play golf and not to show your cool outfit I absolutely second that. [​IMG]

10. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Do any of you know if the Van Ness is recraftable? If I don't like it I may send it in (in time) for recrafting and get a leather sole. So far I am enjoying these today, and could see these being a good option for rainy days or snowy weather in the winter months.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  11. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

To answer a few questions above, all the Executive line of shoes are recraftable. The Lombard, Presidio and Van Ness are part of the Executive collection along with a few others (I think). I can't answer what lasts each of them are built on.

12. facet

facet Senior member

I have those on my Paliaments and agree that they are discrete and great for added traction. I had a heel start to come off; but otherwise, they've been good. Nice find.

13. MoneyWellSpent

It looks like your questions have pretty much been answered. They are definitely recraftable, although sometimes they replace the sole/welt with a "currently available" version, so there is no guarantee that it will be the same.

14. MoneyWellSpent

Yes, all of the Executive Collection was built on the 2-last. However, they did experiment with making a few other shoes using a 270 degree welt using other lasts from Fall 2010 through Spring 2011.

15. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Thoughts on the McGraw in brown? Comments on size/fit? They just popped up in the clearance section in my size...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.