Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

If anyone's in the market, I'm impressed with AE's honors golf shoes. These are the "legend"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

2. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

That looks like a mash up between the Hampton (toe), Shelton (saddle), and broadstreet (spectator colors). They have a lot going on, but I think they would be at home on the golf course.

3. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Well, "custom MLB" shoe could (probably does) mean something like the recent Neumok webgems but with different (more?) colors. It's not fantastic new shell, but it could be good, depending on what shoe and what colors.

4. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

How about a shoe bag with your favorite MLB logo to go with a tasteful shoe in cappuccino shell? Heck, if they really want to go for it, they could emboss the logo on the bottom of the sole, under the ball of the foot or print it on the insole. Now, that's an MLB edition I could stand behind.

5. CornToast

CornToast Active Member

I order a pair of strands factory seconds and they just arrived today. Everything looks fine but the leather appears a bit cracked on the side. It's pretty small but noticeable. Does the leather ever chip like that after a few wears or is this only found in factory seconds? Should I return these for another one or is it ignoreable?
    [​IMG]

6. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Just ordered some brown Fifth Avenue seconds from the shoe bank. :slayer:

7. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thank you for your suggestions. I will give this product a try. My right foot is us 8D and anything less than 8EEE causes pain on my left pinky. Funny thing is 8EEE fits too large on both feet.

8. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Out of curiosity, how do you get in contact with the shoebank? I emailed them and never got a response. Do i need to be in the states?

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Instead of the shoebank contact the Jeffersonville Oh. outlet. They have a sale till 4/30 with 20% off one item. And have access to everything that the shoebank does. And have always responded to my emails.

Allen Edmonds Jeffersonville
    8665 Factory Shops Blvd.
    Jeffersonville OH 43128
    phone (740) 948 9033
    [email protected]

10. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Thanks, I'll try them out. I would love a pair of Neumoks and or Rapid City's, and seconds would work out fine for me.

11. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I called them and placed the order over the phone: 262-785-6666. Was a bit surprised to get an answer at 6:30pm central time!

Ah dang, wish I'd known about that! Oh well, I think seconds are still a good deal at their normal price. Still, I'm halfway tempted to cancel my order with the shoe bank and reorder through the Jeffersonville store with the discount...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

12. Benrus

Benrus Member

The lady's at the Jville outlet are wonderful. I luckily live 40 min away. Even wth problems they are quick to correct and will jump through hoops for your satisfaction.

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

[​IMG]

I went back to AE today. Turns out I just needed a E size. The shoes fit great!

14. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

I have a question for you Dalton owners.

I'm an 8.5E in my McAllisters and Strands, and they fit very well. I got a list of 9D seconds just for kicks, and boy are there a TON of more shoes in that size, including a pair of Daltons. I've never tried on the Daltons, and I'm curious if I could make a 9D on the 1 last work. Plus that's my last name, so there's some definite bias.

Any input on the fit is appreciated. I might go try them on at the local store, but I'm in public accounting and can only do errands like that on Sundays [​IMG]

15. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

Harrison Limited in Mountain Brook. I'm not sure, but I think that is their only special makeup, but they may one other? They sell a few other Alden models as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.