Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Those look good!

2. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

I agree.

Why would damage considered to be "just cosmetic" be passed on? That's 90% of the reason why we are buying AE shoes in the first place - great looking shoes that are built to last. Cosmetic damange to the shoe is more than enough reason to have the shoe replaced.

3. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

I have finally solved the Park Avenue bowing issue. This is a great day. I bought the Brooks Brothers Park Avenues.. and no more bowing issue. Shoes fit very well.

4. delmar

delmar Senior member

I wish I would've thought to ask them to add the V-tread soles to mine. Nice.

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I'm starting to think that is the case. If you look at different shell shoes and description on AE site some will even say dark burgundy and others burgundy. Pretty sure there is only once color burgundy though.

I purchased the Patriot in brown shell in part to find out. After seeing MacktasticGDogg brown Patriots I was starting to think there was a difference, and his were the exact color I wanted. Great pictures and comparison too on his part here. But when I got mine they were basically the same as the dark brown Dundee's. I say were because they had so much brown cream on them. Still cleaning it off but now they are close to his in color which is what I wanted. You can see how dark they were to begin with by the original color I left where you used to put the penny in the strap once upon a time.
    [​IMG]

They now are very close to my 744's which are made with Horween No. 449, in the center are C&J for RL Marlows (Thanks to someone on here :) Dark brown Dundee on left end and walnut Dalton on right end.
    [​IMG]

A better comparison in full sun shows that the brown or cigar color is lighter than dark brown Dundee's. The 744 and C&J are almost identical and now the Patriot is closer to those in color. However it was identical to the dark brown Dundee when I received it.

[​IMG]

So it will really depend and they are all close in color. Each piece of shell has variations, how much cream was put on at the factory, etc. And with exposure to sunlight they change color anyhow. Over time I expect to see them converge to pretty much a similar brown. But hoping that will be many years down the road yet.

6. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

These are fantastic!

7. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Those look awesome, exactly what I was going to order. I would have pulled the trigger for $164 as $199 was still a great deal. I bought an Omega Seamaster recently so I have to wait a while on new purchases. Nice snag for you my friend! :nodding:

8. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Thanks guys!
    Thanks. I think you'll get by just fine with the Seamaster. It's a very nice watch!

9. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that my issue is being addressed and AE has gone above and beyond to make everything right. While errors were made and things happened that shouldn't have, they genuinely do care abut the customers and all is well again. I'll be happily adding to AE collection for many years to come! [​IMG]

10. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Just spoke with AE customer service about something else, but the lady mentioned that the next webgem will be a "custom MLB shoe."

11. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

12. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

That's a dissapointment for me

13. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I've been having all my re-crafts done with the v-tread tap sole lately. Good call!

14. Benrus

Benrus Member

I love my Bourbon strands. You definitely need them. I sprung for the matching belt.

15. Benrus

Benrus Member

I did take the day off for mine and they put walnut in the box !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.