Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

bucksfan thanks for the great write up on the Randolph's, you have me wondering if they may just work for me also. I need a burgundy shell loafer now after all... :)
    Great picture and shoes! I own a lot of Filson bags and clothing, both town and field\hunting so would love to see it. However guess we are a day too late guess what just came out on the Orvis website? Loafers made by AE, likely made in the DR seeing how the price is $198
    [​IMG]

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=8L05

2. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

This pic at St. Louis Airport, those shoes seem to be neither Randolphs nor Patriots (even though they look very close to Patriots), do you mind to tell me what they are?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

3. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

AND??? Did you grab the strands? Or are you going to try to find some seconds in your size?

4. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

I thought that was a discontinued shoe? Where have you found them?

5. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Picture request for the brown shell cordovan PAs.

6. delmar

delmar Senior member

I just bought a pair of the Cambridge *seconds* in the burgundy shell. They should get here tomorrow. I was down at the factory outlet in Port Washington on Saturday, spent a couple hours digging through the seconds--couldn't find anything I wanted. I asked a salesperson if they had a Cambridge in seconds in anything besides black in 12E--she said not there but they would send them to me.

7. frank212

frank212 Member

Quote:
    Quote:
    I pulled the trigger on a pair of burgundy Cambridges from Jeffersonville. Monica was able to locate a pair in 8e. If they're wider than the McAllisters in the the same size, I'll be ecstatic.
    Anyone have an idea of how long they usually take to ship? It's been two days and I have a pending AE authorization on my CC, but no actual charge yet.

8. frank212

frank212 Member

9. JermynStreet

Just a little spit shine treatment for my new shell patriots. [​IMG]

10. JermynStreet

Var

Varatio they are shell burgundy patriots

11. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Ive concluded that Im going to go ahead and wear my new burgundy shell..I think the rumor that AE is introducing more shell colors is a hoax...at least for now...Its pretty evident at this point, that the rumor is largely baseless....they're actually introducing EVERYTHING EXCEPT new shell...Theyve introduced the clown-strands, the banchory abomination (I actually dont think it looks that bad anymore, but initially I hated it.), the nursing home shoes for 81 year old orthotic sufferers, and now they'll be releasing some golf shoes shortly...

I think its safe to say that we've seen everything that AE has up their sleeve for now, so to wait any further seems to me to be more of an exercise in wishful thinking, than any realistic expectation that new shell is forthcoming...

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I went to Allen Edmonds to try on some strands last week. The salesperson said that the shoes fit really well and that I shouldn't go up in width because the front and heel of my foot fit perfectly.

Basically my flat feet/overpronation make it hard to lace up fully in the middle of the shoe. The pair on the right is really snug. They said that the leather would stretch and fit to my foot. I wasn't sure though and took pictures. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

[​IMG]

Size is 13D. I'm considering trying 13E or 12E. Someone else suggested that bar lacing might help the problem too.

13. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I'm not a expert but they sure look tight. I would at least try a E width

14. ddsg

ddsg Well-Known Member

What a horrible salesperson. Those look like your feet are ready to burst out of them. Either try to go up widths and if that doesn't fit, I'd look into shoes on a different last.

15. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

So I don't know if anyone saw my post before... does anyone have both the brown shell strands and dark brown shell dundees and can provide a pic so I can see the difference in color?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.