Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

$175 for THAT. yikes

2. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

The name sounds like something you would order for lunch.

3. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

It's a bay near the Allen Edmonds factory.

4. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I doubt the white players are going to be golf shoes. Suede made for shoes that will spend their time on grass would be dumb, leather or mesh if I had to guess. I think they will look the part and be dedicated designed golf shoe.

The reason I think they are going to be all rubber sole and cleat, all one piece... is just because the description says you can wear these on or off the course. Typical golf cleats with the circular soft spikes aren't meant for walking on much besides a golf course. The all rubber cleats are like all terrain soles lol.

5. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

And thats wehre they should all be thrown in. That would be extremely literal.

6. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Just got an email back from AE, purely out of curiousity... JR soles are put back on cordovan shoes at no extra charge. After being skeptical of the sole they put on my strand, I wanted to check with them for when I need my shell strands resoled.

7. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I received my Kenwoods today from the Freeport outlet. No extra charges, no brokerage fees. Cleared customs at Mirabel and in my hands 1 hour later. I am currently in MTL.

8. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I'm not sure if they do it by default. Perhaps it would be best to mention it just for the peace of mind that you'll get them back with JR soles.

9. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

Something about the angle in those pictures makes it look like those shoes are Shaq sized! Either that, or you have really small hands Siz. Are you a carney perchance? [​IMG]

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

They were, and I do (proportional to my size 7D feet). I am not, however, a carney.

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

PSA: Jeffersonville Oh. Outlet has a sale starting today through 4/30 with 20% off one item on 2nd's. Closeouts are not included and all the rough collection is on sale for 15% off, not 20%. Sounds like it is just them so contact them directly. Kristle Fox is the store manager and the one I ask for but all of the SA's are great there that I have dealt with.

[email protected]
    (740) 948 9033

[​IMG]
    However due to TheSizzle I will never look at a bag of Dorito chips and feel the same now.... [​IMG]

Thank you very much and from the description it sounds like you are spot on. So now with the buy one item from the Jeffersonvillle Outlet at 20% and they have 1 brown and several Patriot's in #8 in my size according to the list I just got a few minutes ago it is time to try again. I was going to order the ranger moc from Rancourt in shell but have wanted a shell loafer for many years, I'm going to give the Patriot a shot.
    The CEO of AE Paul Grangaard was on Bloomberg last week and there is a you tube of it. He discusses the new line of golf shoes and working with Jack on designing the new line. My golf shoes still have metal cleats which on most of the better courses around here are no longer allowed. I should pick up a new pair but the last few years have been rolling old water balls down between the rib of my shotgun and flipping them in the air to shoot and slicing the $%^ things just as much as I do with a driver. They are a lot trickier to hit with a shotgun than you would think being so small and close. But it is impressive to watch them fly out of sight when you do it right.

12. robbrechter

robbrechter Well-Known Member

13. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

14. robbrechter

robbrechter Well-Known Member

I thought the cordovan Patriots were prototypes, not necessarily indicative of them now offered as its own line. Still good news, though, once a good sale comes along.

15. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Speaking of this, is it a contradiction to get loafers in Cordovan? Cordovan doesn't breath too well and I see loafers as a Spring/Summer shoe.
    (I am aware they can be worn in any season but this is how I prefer to wear them)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.