Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Redacted to reflect my error.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I enjoy the politeness in this thread. A true gentleman.

3. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Now I'm confused as to who's playing me in regards to my shipment of the shell Patriots. The Shoe Bank charged me $232, which is $28 higher than what the cost should be (shoes+shipping). Already e-mailed the shoe bank asking if applicable Ontario taxes were included in the total cost I was charged; no response; yet. FedEx on the phone is requesting $35 in brokerage fees claiming that's what customs is requesting; even though customs is smart enough to know what's made in the USA. Now I have to wait for a call from a customs agent.

Why, AE, why did you make the switch from USPS to FedEx? Any other Canadians here who have had a similar problem with their recent orders?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

+1 as to the Sizzle and this thread.

5. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

I'm guessing it has to do with domestic delivery rates. Quick google search says that FedEx generally is the cheapest option vs UPS and USPS for packages 4 pounds or more. As a US Resident, I have to say FedEx has been pretty consistent with their delivery from the shoebank... no complaints here. Apologies to our Canadian friends.

6. lostron

lostron Senior member

nice cordovan shoes!

7. BCer

BCer Senior member

Again, as a Canadian this just makes me SO happy that I live close to the border with our neighbours. I have an exciting package containing Walnut Strands, Shoe Trees, assorted polishes and coloured laces, sitting at a US Mail Depot. Driving to Bellingham (30min into the US) to fly to Vegas tomorrow, and on my return next Wednesday I'll swing by my US Depot to pick up my package, declare it at the Canadian crossing as part of my allowance, and Bob's your Uncle! I've done the delivery right to Canada thing, and it's not usually a great experience...Soooo looking forward to my Strands next week...4th pair of AE in a couple months...

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

If you contact AE they will probably repair it for you. A part of my heel from my Quintons totally fell off while I was walking I contacted AE and they had me send back the shoe for inspection. They noted that the sole was coming away from the midsole too and decided to do a total recraft. I still owe the forum pictures from the recrafted results.
    Hmm, I'm not too sure about this. I think I tried taking the shoe off and just pressing on the heel without pressure on the insole and it still squeaked.

9. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

The pair I saw/picked up/fondled in Denver did not have cleats so maybe the white players is not in the golf line per se. I wonder if you'll have the option to have with cleats??

10. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

I'm a little late to the party, but can someone please let me know what the deal was with the Shell Patriots?
    Is it now over?

11. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

While browsing Shoebuy I came across this new Whitefish Bay model. Looks like something you'd see from Sperry or Sebago.

[​IMG]

12. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I just stopped by the local AE shop to order some white Spiaggia, and I took a couple of quick pictures of both colors. I'll post better pictures once I receive mine, but they're on the 5-last, if anyone was wondering about sizing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

Sizzle, did you ever post an AE collection picture?

14. Aryeah

Aryeah Active Member

The difference between the width of a B to D is 1/4 of an inch at the widest part ( ball of foot). Depending on how your instep fits into shoes, high or low, will determine how tight the fit is around the instep. Also remember that the heel will be off as well, the B width shoes heel might be too small also if you wear a D width.

15. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

As of yet, I have not. I just might have to take a pile of them outside for that some day soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.