1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

Never hurts to ask, I ordered mine last week :)

2. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Yes! Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Chili Lasalles from the Sale for $129!!
    It will be y first pair in the chili color. I already have too much Walnut in my rotation.

3. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

Be careful following David's "advice". The unworn shoes for return is AE's actual return policy. Sometimes David infers things from stuff he's read online, but his comments aren't always factual. People have posted about about AE taking back shoes that were worn for some time, but this was due to extenuating/exceptional circumstances. Don't expect them to do so for everyone every time.

As for the stiff insoles, others have posted about the firmness being something that takes time to get used to if all you've ever had before are soft padded insoles. But this is something that is better that takes a little time to get used to and in the long run, you and your feet will like it better.

As to the sizing--you had stated that you tried on five pairs of PA's and these were the best, most comfortable. It sounds like the SA did take his time to ensure the correct fit and wasn't trying to just push the sale and get you out of there. These could very well be your correct size and it could very well be that it will go away after break in as the leather soften at the creases. While I really shouldn't be mentioning Birkenstocks in SF, when they are NEW, they ALWAYS rub the top of my toes and hurt/blister, but it also ALWAYS goes away after a little break in when the leather softens at the places where they flex from walking. While I can't swear that this will happen with yours, there's a good chance on this type of issue that it will.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. paperfire

paperfire Member

Hey all, I just bought some shoe trees for my new shoes and I am worried if they are going to stretch my shoes. Do the shoe trees look to big or are they fine?

[​IMG]

5. tats

tats Active Member

Nice, I'm actually about to go the other way and buy a pair of walnut 5th Aves to co along with my Chili Hales

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Quick sizing question: I take a 10D in McAllister and McTavish. Would I go with the same size for MacNeil?

TIA.

7. docka

docka Senior member

the deal is live already or we have to wait until tomorrow? If live, which number do we call?

8. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I was told via email that the shoes I want are available but I need to call in the morning.

Call any numbers on here: http://aetentsale.com/

9. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

What did you guys do to me!!!!!!!!
    What did you do to meeeeer!!!!

Just called Jville outlet.
    Walnut Strand on the way.
    199 dollars.

I hate you.

1 person likes this.
  10. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Quick! What's better!? Delray or Lasell??

11. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

NO NO NO!!! You are supposed to apply the edge dressing BEFORE you do the cream!

Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist . That is the exact same treatment I used on my burgundy Leeds for many years to good effect. I feel as long as YOU are happy with the end results that is what matters. There is nothing wrong with your treatment IMO. To maintain them I still wipe with a slightly damp rag and brush for ~5 min. then buff with a buffing cloth for another 5 or so. Great choice in picking the Leeds by the way.

Thank you for your reply Cold Iron.
    I love the Leeds. They are my favorite shoe to date.
    I have emailed AE for a custom order in light brown shell Leeds, but they told me they only have dark brown.
    The problem is that I want them different enough from the burgundy to justify the 750 dollars order.
    How dark is the dark brown?

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Cappuccino is lighter than dark brown. That would like provide enough difference for you

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I'm a fan of the lasalle

14. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

Is it just me or is it tent sale not as impressive as other sales I've seen recently?

15. Suit Up

Suit Up Member

Well... this might sound ridiculous but asking can't hurt. Do you think it would be possible to order by phone for delivery in Canada? (Hard to get decent things for decent prices here).

16. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

Sure you can, I just did!
    ;-)

17. Suit Up

Suit Up Member

Perfect thank you! I measured my foot according to the AE guide but am unsure how accurate that would be. I'm debating whether or not I should stop by Harry's tomorrow to try a few pairs on... Sounds horrible I know.

18. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

E Verona in black:

[​IMG]

To match the brown i picked up last year, fantastic loafers...

19. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

There is also a few Brooks Brothers locations in Toronto depending on where you are. I'm not sure how the fit is with their insole though.

20. red81

red81 Senior member

i measured according to their guide, and ended up being a 1.5 sizes smaller (followed directions, confirmed print with credit card, etc, had someone else measure my foot).

i'd just try them on somewhere if you can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.