Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Some new shell would be nice.

This just looks like the product of someone forgetting their design assignment being due and slapping something down on the back of a Doritos bag (no offense to Doritos).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

2. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

They ARE ugly, but to be honest i haven't really seen a sleek, nice looking orthotic shoe... I guess there's a segment of the population out there who need them, and apparently AE believes that they are a big market because they are going all in this season with new orthotic models.

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I thought this was orthotic at first glance, but I don't think it is. I think the 1-G is the orthotic last.

If it's not othortic, interesting that you and I both had the same reaction when we first saw it.

They must be selling a ton of these more casual shoes, judging by the rate at which they are releasing them.

4. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

Ok my bourbon strands are waiting for me at home
    [​IMG]

Should I be expecting a new sole/heel?

5. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

The Hector and Fenway appears to be cap-toe blucher and LWB versions of the Wilbert. They both have the "comfort" padding around the ankles and the same Othello rubber sole. They are not my cup of tea, but I guess there may be a decent market for them since the Wilbert is apparently a popular model for AE.

6. jch1

jch1 Senior member

While I greatly enjoy some of the new color combinations of existing styles, I can't say I have been wowed by a new AE style in a while...

7. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

Hello everyone,

I have seen some posts about the hell starting to split and come off, and it looks like the heel on my black Strands have begun to seperate. I have worn these for about a month, maybe 15 times or so. I should be able to send these in for a refund somewhat easily, correct? I'm not entirely in love with the black Strand, so I might just request a refund and get a different pair & color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I don't know what you should be EXPECTING, but you should be HOPING that your shoes are still there when you get home, lol...

"Signed for by: Signature not required." LOL!

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I'm not sure. It would make more sense to send the pictures and commentary to AE than to us, IMO.

10. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

PerCC, please post the outcome to this. I could see them saying something like "that could have happened by not picking your foot up high enough when stepping over a curb." I know their customer service is generally highly revered but what is to say that it didn't happen during the normal course of wear? Please do not misunderstand me, I am not attacking you, it's simply a different side of the window.

11. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

69 lolz

12. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Was the separation of the heel preceded by a squeak or click when your heel made contact with each step? If so, I'd take a wild guess that it was related to the nails working themselves loose. If it happened all of a sudden, I wouldn't think that was the reason. Now, if it happened from flexing the shoe with your hands, while it wasn't on your foot, it's possible that it was forced apart.

I'm not accusing you, but I thought I'd throw a couple ideas out there.

As far as exchanging the shoe, I feel that throws a new variable into the situation.If the picture weren't so clear, I'd think you were just looking for an excuse to get a different shoe (buyer's remorse). It might happen, but I think the legitimate outcome is to get the shoe repaired. Actually, I think that's what they'll do since heels aren't a major item and might not justify replacing a whole pair of shoes.

Please keep us posted as to how this turns out.

Side note: If the shoe were completely defective, to the point of being replaced entirely, I could see time and manufacturing availability leading to the substitution of another shoe. (I've been presented this option when a replacement pair failed inspection, but other styles were available. It wasn't an option I presented, but it's an option that may alter the outcome of one of my most recent AE purchases.)

13. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Watch out, people. We have an adult on our hands!

14. frank212

frank212 Member

New NYC store opening on 43rd and 6th next week. Hope they have a percentage-off promo. That will be a good time to pick up the Cambridge. Teetering between burgundy and black.

Someone here had used black polish on the burgundy to produce black cherry. I'm tempted.

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

There was a McGraw in black shell for $125 in my size, I wasn’t too sure if I wanted black shell cordo(I have black calf penny and brown shell penny). Anyway by the time I thought I might as well. It was no longer available !
    I was charged tax but once I emailed AE they are refunding the tax(shipping to Oregon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.