Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Someone posted these a few months ago, and surprisingly enough, they looked pretty good with a mustard-like colored pant. Obviously this is for casual wear, but they looked good.

Navy as well, but that was already posted.

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I asked this exact question a couple of months ago. I was the one who posted some pictures of the shoes with the mustard colored pants. I liked the grey color well enough, but ended up returning the shoes because I decided that they look too elongated on me. Here's the picture with the mustard colored pants:
    [​IMG]
    Bonus picture with some rust colored pants I had on when I first received the shoes. I don't think this combo necessarily works, but it's a point of reference.
    [​IMG]

3. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

4. kosmic

kosmic New Member

Should I get an AE Dalton in dark chocolate or walnut? I am leaning toward chocolate because I have or will have purchased the following in this year:

1. Black PA
    2. Dark brown punch cap w/medallion oxford
    3. Walnut Strand
    4. Medium brown/chestnut double monk

I work in a business casual environment - no ties, odd jacket & trousers ok, mostly I'd wear dress shirt, wool pants, dress shoes. In general people dress conservatively so I'd rather not have too many walnut shoes but what is the consensus? I think the brogue detail looks better in walnut and it looks better with jeans. But the dark chocolate Dalton to me seems like it would work better for business casual.

5. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

From recent 2 discontinued factory 2nd for $250 sale, I scored 1st quality townley cordovan as part of 2 for $250.
    It was mainly due to mistake on list they sent me so they decided to obligate my order.:slayer: .
    I didn't even brag about mistake and I said that's perfectly ok but few hours later they sent me other email that they are willing to obligate my order.
    Great customer service, never expected/experienced this kind of excellence in customer service from any other brands.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Picked up my first pair of proper Allen Edmonds shoes the other day, Lombards in chestnut. So far, I love these shoes... I found them in a thrift shop and they are in pretty amazing condition.

I've treated them with a few coats of waterproofing leather conditioner (good thing to, since I wore them a bit in the rain last night), and have ordered some chestnut polish from AE, so I will apply that once I get the order.

Here are a few pics, including an action shot outside a coffee shop yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

If he's not anywhere near a Harry Rosen, chances are he's not near to Novelty Shoe Builders either. If you can't find it, let me know, I'll buy it and send it to you. Once you pay me back of course.

8. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

I haven't a clue how you guys find shoes like this at thrift stores. The shoes I see always look like they were first mauled by tigers and stink to high heaven!

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Is this where I also mention finding a pair of Edward Green shoes in fair condition? [​IMG]

Seriously, this place is like paradise for cheap bastards like myself.... Of course, it took a solid year of regular visits to find those AEs. Not that that's all I was looking for.

10. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Not a fan of buying used shoes. Have the other person's oils and, frankly, it's just creepy.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Whatever floats your boat, man... Just remember to donate your shoes when you're done with them. [​IMG]

12. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

I've found amazing (and sometimes brand new with tags) Italian pants, just never shoes.

13. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

Testing... why can't I post?

OK that worked today... never posted my posts from the last few nights....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  14. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

seriously...didn't they used to have one in cabazon?

15. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I hope you realize the magnitude of the discount you got on those shells. Short of stealing them, you'll never get another pair for a cheaper price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.