1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Good idea. I've never seen them at my Nordstrom Rack. If anyone ever happens to come across a pair in 9.5E, I'm willing to pay you a few extra bucks to pick them up for me!

Also, the number I've been calling for stuff (seconds sale, etc) is the Port Washington, WI store. Is there another number I could call on the weekends? That location seems to close after normal business hours and isn't open on weekends I don't think.

2. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior Member

Hmmm - they should be open on the weekends. You could also try the other Shoebank near Milwaukee. Call 262-785-6666 and ask for Adam. He's one of the best SA's I know.

3. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior Member

I didn't have the time today to confirm which was which lol. That cappucino, ugh... unreal. Surprisingly I have almost the same shoe, Cole Haan 3 eyelit chukka, same color as the cappuccino, obviously calf leather... but man they shine up so nice. $88 at the Rack, I will have these for as long as possible thats for certain.

I had 2 pairs of cappuccino shoes for sale, and after a nice polish with saphir reno, man do those things look unreal. If the strands come out in Capp... i'm all over them.

4. marc12

marc12 New Member

Hi all, I just received my first pair of Allen Edmonds Parkway shoes in gray. They are available on clearance on their website. I really like the way they fit but I'm not sure on the stitching quality as I don't have much to compare to. Please let me know what you think, return and exchange or keep? Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Dude, you have the worst timing. The AE Players were dumped en masse on the Rack last Fall - tan, suede, black, etc. If it makes you feel any better, I never saw them cheaper than $199.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Gahhhhh.

Damn. Figures.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

Curious what the grey looks like in person...

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior Member

Scroll back a few pages there has been some pictures of IRL

9. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

I ordered my football Neumoks right after the sale began, and they arrived yesterday. Delmar posted pics of his a week back, and when I saw his photos I was surprised at how red they appeared. Not that it was a bad thing, but they were redder than I thought. Nonetheless, I was very excited to get mine. Here are pics of mine, that have more of a brown hue the red. In the right light they look reddish, but primarily brown. Also, they provided different laces. I actually like the tan ones that I got better than what Delmar got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

10. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior Member

I am glad they are more brown than red. Can't wait for mine to Arrive. They look amazing!

11. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior Member

I picked up my very first pair of Allen Edmonds last night... The Long Branch in Brown Waxy Leather:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

They are awesome! The sole is a bit more aggressive than I was expecting, but it's been crazy icy this winter, so that's definitely not a bad thing.

12. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior Member

I think they look fine, I would keep them.

13. delmar

delmar Senior Member

If we ever run into each other on the street, I guess I'll be able to recognize you by the tan laces and my brown laces will give me away.

I like the little touch of using the football leather on the inside bottom of the shoe.

14. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

Actually, I found in the shoe bags another pair of laces, like yours. You may have an additional pair of laces as well. Prior to wearing them today, I wanted to condition them with something... I decided to use some venetian cream on them. They do appear a bit redder in this pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

^Thanks for those pics of the football leather Neumoks. They look very nice! I went into the local AE store to drop off a pair of shoes for soles 4 souls and to place an order for those football leather Neumoks today. I asked the SA if I could get the V-tread sole on mine, and he said he will try to get that option for me. Hopefully that will work out as the V-tread sole should make the shoes even more versatile. I look forward to seeing the completed shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.