Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Good idea. I've never seen them at my Nordstrom Rack. If anyone ever happens to come across a pair in 9.5E, I'm willing to pay you a few extra bucks to pick them up for me!

Also, the number I've been calling for stuff (seconds sale, etc) is the Port Washington, WI store. Is there another number I could call on the weekends? That location seems to close after normal business hours and isn't open on weekends I don't think.

2. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Hmmm - they should be open on the weekends. You could also try the other Shoebank near Milwaukee. Call 262-785-6666 and ask for Adam. He's one of the best SA's I know.

3. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I didn't have the time today to confirm which was which lol. That cappucino, ugh... unreal. Surprisingly I have almost the same shoe, Cole Haan 3 eyelit chukka, same color as the cappuccino, obviously calf leather... but man they shine up so nice. $88 at the Rack, I will have these for as long as possible thats for certain.

I had 2 pairs of cappuccino shoes for sale, and after a nice polish with saphir reno, man do those things look unreal. If the strands come out in Capp... i'm all over them.

4. marc12

marc12 New Member

Hi all, I just received my first pair of Allen Edmonds Parkway shoes in gray. They are available on clearance on their website. I really like the way they fit but I'm not sure on the stitching quality as I don't have much to compare to. Please let me know what you think, return and exchange or keep? Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Dude, you have the worst timing. The AE Players were dumped en masse on the Rack last Fall - tan, suede, black, etc. If it makes you feel any better, I never saw them cheaper than $199.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Gahhhhh.

Damn. Figures.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Curious what the grey looks like in person...

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Scroll back a few pages there has been some pictures of IRL

9. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I ordered my football Neumoks right after the sale began, and they arrived yesterday. Delmar posted pics of his a week back, and when I saw his photos I was surprised at how red they appeared. Not that it was a bad thing, but they were redder than I thought. Nonetheless, I was very excited to get mine. Here are pics of mine, that have more of a brown hue the red. In the right light they look reddish, but primarily brown. Also, they provided different laces. I actually like the tan ones that I got better than what Delmar got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

10. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior member

I am glad they are more brown than red. Can't wait for mine to Arrive. They look amazing!

11. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

I picked up my very first pair of Allen Edmonds last night... The Long Branch in Brown Waxy Leather:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

They are awesome! The sole is a bit more aggressive than I was expecting, but it's been crazy icy this winter, so that's definitely not a bad thing.

12. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

I think they look fine, I would keep them.

13. delmar

delmar Senior member

If we ever run into each other on the street, I guess I'll be able to recognize you by the tan laces and my brown laces will give me away.

I like the little touch of using the football leather on the inside bottom of the shoe.

14. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Actually, I found in the shoe bags another pair of laces, like yours. You may have an additional pair of laces as well. Prior to wearing them today, I wanted to condition them with something... I decided to use some venetian cream on them. They do appear a bit redder in this pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

^Thanks for those pics of the football leather Neumoks. They look very nice! I went into the local AE store to drop off a pair of shoes for soles 4 souls and to place an order for those football leather Neumoks today. I asked the SA if I could get the V-tread sole on mine, and he said he will try to get that option for me. Hopefully that will work out as the V-tread sole should make the shoes even more versatile. I look forward to seeing the completed shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.