• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Black McTavish today.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I thought some people have been clamoring for some suede Strands. Those new Web Gems are definitely bold, but they look pretty decent to me. I'm strangely attracted to the purple suede version...

TheSizzle

Reaction score
I thought some people have been clamoring for some suede Strands. Those new Web Gems are definitely bold, but they look pretty decent to me. I'm strangely attracted to the purple suede version...

I'd be all over the brown suede if it didn't have pink contrast stitching...

Ugh.....those suede Strands are not attractive at all. What a let down compared to the thought of some beautiful cappuccino shell.

I was strongly considering/suggesting suede Strands a couple days ago, but this is nowhere near what I was suggesting. I was thinking either a snuff suede or chocolate suede strand with a natural sole/welt and discrete stitching. These look like something Cole Haan would pump out, and I don't say that in a complimentary manner. Maybe some people will like them, but, at first glance, they get no love from me.

Last edited:

BCer

Reaction score
Business casual day - grey McTavish & dark blue chinos.
7ybapyru.jpg

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for the pink suede Park Avenue webgem . . .

Bzack

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies on the Yumas. A 10D seems to be the consensus. I also called the customer service rep and they confirmed as well.

I have another question to throw out there. I have the Parkways in brown burnished calf and applied conditioner to them last night. I was planning on polishing but realized I only have dark brown. If I apply a thin coat of polish to the entire shoe will i lose the burnishing effect on the toe box where is it much darker than the rest of the shoe? Or would shoe cream not polish affect the color? Perhaps on the Parkways I need to just apply a neutral polish.

spitshine123

Reaction score
I'm going to wait for the pink suede Park Avenue webgem . . .
Looking forward to this. I hope AE will offer pink suede belts, large brimmed hats (with feather included) and a diamond encrusted chalice to match... Thankfully this outfit is considered "business formal" for my line of work
lol8[1].gif

nicedream

Reaction score

These look like something Cole Haan would pump out, and I don't say that in a complimentary manner. Maybe some people will like them, but, at first glance, they get no love from me.

Those were my exact thoughts upon seeing these. It's too bad, because otherwise the shoes look great. I love the natural welt against the brown suede, and I think AE should offer more dark brown shoes with contrasting welts in general. But that pink detailing...:facepalm:

catlettsl

Reaction score
a9upajur.jpg

y3a8era9.jpg

qy2a8e3a.jpg

ja5umy3e.jpg

What do yall think about these Fairfax's. Not sure about the stitching

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ckprax

Reaction score

[IMhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/a9upajur.jpg[/IMG]

[IMhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/y3a8era9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/qy2a8e3a.jpg[/IMG]

[IMhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/ja5umy3e.jpg[/IMG]

What do yall think about these Fairfax's. Not sure about the stitching

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The shoes look nice although they appear too narrow for your feet. What stitching are you referring to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics