1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Those are nice. Mine should arrive next week.

2. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

What about a burgundy or merlot cap toe or LWB? Obviously, it's personal preference and need, but #8, or burgundy, is my favorite color and fairly versatile.

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Those look great. They look a bit different than the other AE offerings in chili, but it may just be the light. That's a fantastic boot color!

4. TF007

TF007 New Member

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out since most of you will probably be more knowledgable than me. I recently got the Allen Edmonds Williams (brown burnished calf) as a gift from my dad. There are a size 11EEE which is way too big, I think a size 10.5 E or D would have been more ideal for me. Would have loved to return them for a smaller size, but since my dad lives in the UK and thats were they were purchased the return period has expired and I'm stuck with them. Is there a way I could maybe make them fit or do I have any other options than selling them for what ever I can get?

Cheers

5. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Please call AE or even better go into a store. The company has a high standard of customer service and they may simply help you swap it out.

1 person likes this.
  6. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Hi All,

What's the current Jeffersonville sale on seconds? It's not still the 20% off, is it?

7. GentlemanJohnny

GentlemanJohnny Well-Known Member

catching up to a week of posts...mostly skimmed the last 5 pages...damn this thread builds up quick!

For those retired military viewing this thread:

according to the most recent version of AR670-1 (for the Army, not sure about other services) we can wear black leather shoes AND ankle boots in our ASUs (Army Service Uniform).

I have the patent leather (or corfram, not really...) low quarters that you can get at any PX but a while ago I was curious about what the regs specifically stated...after a little Googling I came across what I was looking for:
    c.
    Shoes, oxford, black, male
    (a)
    The shoes are made from an approved specification or pattern or from a similar commercial design, and are
    made of leather, poromeric, or patent leather. The shoe is dress tie-oxford style, with at least three eyelets, and a closed
    toe and heel. The shoe is plain, with no designs in the shoe material.
    (b)
    As an option, males may wear an ankle-high boot, similar to a jodhpur or chukka (riding) boot. If worn, the boot
    must be plain, without straps or buckles, with a non-contrasting heel and sole, and a heel no higher than 2 inches. An
    inconspicuously placed zipper is authorized.
    (3) How worn. The oxford shoes are authorized for wear with service, dress, mess, evening mess, hospital duty, and

food service uniforms

Just thought you might be interested on what the policy is nowadays. Personally, I never knew we had options until I looked it up. I thought about getting some nice simple black shoes that I could wear in and out of uniform but kept putting it off since I rarely ever wear black shoes or rarely ever wear ASUs. Now I'm wondering what type of shoe to go with...

~Johnny

8. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Merlot would be a great next dress shoe. Perhaps something a bit casual but not a loafer or boat shoe, like the McTavish?

9. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

Thx for the compliment guys. I was totally blown away by the chili color. I'm now considering a MTO of the Cliftons in chili since I love it so much. Will email the AE SWAT team soon.

10. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

your right, i do need a merlot
    lwb? does that mean long wing boot?

what do you think about the Macneil in Chili? I'm thinking of making this my next shoe.

11. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

12. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

13. MDeKelver

MDeKelver Senior member

OP: Strand.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen Well-Known Member

What do you keep you shoes, not just your Allen Edmond shoes in, or in them, when you are not wearing them? Perhaps some shoe trees or perhaps you keep them in shoe bags? I have seen some shoe bags at Allen Emonds but no where else online. Amazon has them for a good price, however they want more for the shipping then the bags themselves. If you have ever ordered them online from someone other than Allen Edmonds where have you ordered them from? Perhaps you keep them in a hanging shoe bag in your closet?

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

I use shoe bags and a wooden cubby holder to place my shoes in.

16. jbcohen

jbcohen Well-Known Member

Shoe trees are a good idea and a cubby holder is also a good idea, anyone else?

I took delivery of my first pair of Allen Edmonds last night and I am anxious to get them to work on Tuesday to try them out, I don't typically wear dress shoes at home. Some have told me that once you wear Allen Edmonds you will never go back to anything else - why? I have a pair of Johnson and Murphy Cadell and a Rockport Evanders and my new Allen Edmond Fiesol, I can understand why I would prefer the fiesol over the Evander, they are somewhat like trying to strap lead weights to my feet. However the Cadell shoes are real good and its going to be tough to prefer the fiesol over the Cadell.

17. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

18. millerbk

millerbk Active Member

Does anybody have the email address or phone number for the AE SWAT Team?

19. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I believe it is the StyleForum SWAT team, not the AE SWAT team (emphasis added).

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  20. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

LWB = Long Wing Blucher, like the MacNeil or the Williams. I've never seen the MacNeil in chili, but I imagine it would look nice. I do have it in burgundy and think it is a great shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.