Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Add the Evanston to the list as well....

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Assuming they are the same size, can you get a picture of the two shoes side by side, i.e., Fifth Street next to Fifth Avenue?

3. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I would buy either the Soho or Evanston as a special order in a heartbeat. Especially in bourbon! Who else wants in? I remember someone else on this thread did a group custom order. Perhaps we can reach out to their same contact at AE.

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I got quoted $269 for seconds of Park Avenue, Mcallister, Strands from the shoe bank. Does this seem right? Thought seconds would be more cheaper.

6. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

That sounds like the "standard" price for seconds.

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I'd be willing to take it on this time. Think I was the only one that ended up with the group buy last time and they should be here on Wednesday. Supposed to have at least 10 people in on it, at least that is what the deal was last time but they still honored it for me. Not sure on a discontinued shoe if it is even possible however. Soho or Evanston in bourbon is that the general consensus and who is in? For real.

8. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I'm for sure in. My #1 preference would be the Soho in bourbon with the v-tread tap sole. But you're right - it's a discontinued model so not sure they could bring it back from the dead. Really appreciate your willingness to take this on!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  9. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I'd be in for either in bourbon.

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

You could probably count me in too.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Not in as I've already got a similar shoe, but think about dark brown. This is a great shoe to wear with a suit and will be more versatile in a darker color. As much as I love the bourbon and walnut colors, I never end up wearing them with suits.

12. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Well, once again, AE's customer service seems to be stepping up to the plate to keep a good customer loyal to the brand.

In January, I went to the local AE store to have them make me a pair of bourbon Strands (since my size wasn't available in backstock and never is in stock in stores). After waiting a few weeks, I was ecstatic. They're beautiful. Now, after wearing them three times, I was giving them a thorough polishing, and that's when I realized that I'd never really taken the time to give them a full inspection. Well, on the outside of the left shoe, right above the welt, there's a nice pair of stress tears. Based on how dark the leather is inside the tear, I'd bet they tore before the bourbon burnishing process. Well, I called AE, and they told me to take them to the store that sold them to me. I did, and they ordered me a replacement pair. The only downside is that I'll have to wait a few weeks to get the new ones (since, once again, they have to be made).

Here are a couple pictures of the shoes before I took them back and a picture of the tear. It may not be ridiculously evident, but for a pair of firsts at full retail, I didn't think it was fair to just accept. They look great, and I doubt anyone would ever notice, but it was there, and it should have kept them from being firsts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Tentative yes for me depending if I can get a good gauge on sizing on this discontinued 0 last (I assume custom makeups can't be exchanged for another size if the fit is off)

14. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'm in, if the sizing of the 0 is similar to the 8 or 5

15. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I wear a 9D in both the 0 and 5 last. In my opinion the 0 last has a tad bit more room in the area around the ball of my foot in comparison to the 5 last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.