Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

Maybe a dumb question - and if so, my excuses: Does the shoebank ship abroad as well, i.E. Germany?

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think you get banned and the only way to get back on is to pay a fine.
    I would put a direct link in your signature, so it makes it easier for people to find.

I believe they do.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

3. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Agreed. I would buy it again, in different colors, in a heart beat.

4. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

Thanks again.

5. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

One of my favorites! I have the Soho in saddle brown, cognac, and black - still wear them all the time!

6. Hobbstc

Hobbstc Well-Known Member

Hi guys, what's the consensus on Dalton sizing? I have black Delrays (8 last) in 11.5D and they are kinda snug in the toe. I have walnut burnished Jeffersons in 11.5D and they are real tight in the toe, to the point I might sell them even though they are gorgeous. I was thinking maybe 11.5e in the Dalton? Looking at getting some nice Chocolates since they seem more rare plus they go with more of my work suits. The nearest AE is over 2 hours away or I'd try some on. Thanks!

7. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

I'm a 10.5D in the MacNeil, Player, Lombard and 10.5D in Dalton too. I have the Van Ness in 10EEE :puzzled: but for me the Daltons are TTS.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

8. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

Yes. After reading their reviews online (at the AE website) there is a customer who has an office in Dubai and they shipped his shoes there. I don't see why they couldn't ship them to Germany. Might take a call to customer service, but I'm sure they'll get it done without issue.

9. BCer

BCer Senior member

In 'lesser' shoes I've been a standard 12M for many years. In McTavish I've got two pair of 11.5E, and my Dalton's are 12D. On the weekend I was just fitted for Stands - 11.5D (fit like a glove). I know, I'm confused too!?

10. lostron

lostron Senior member

Daltons should fit close to the 5th last (parks, fifth ave, etc.) from my experience - they are more or less TTS

11. Hobbstc

Hobbstc Well-Known Member

Not arguing, just wondering why the Dalton would fit close to a 5 last when it's build on the 1 last, which is a derivative of the 7 last?

12. evolved

evolved Senior member

Geez.....I never realized how attractive the Soho was. Why can't they bring that back??

13. Tarsus

Tarsus New Member

I also have a question (I mean, some questions) about the Daltons.

First, I never bought anything else than cheap generic shoes and I never had to care about the width. Usually I fit a 9 1/2, sometimes a 10. Now I only started being interested in real shoes and the Daltons really grabbed my attention.

One problem is that I have a higher insteap on the right foot. Another problem: I live in Canada, so I can't go to an AE store and try different sizes. All I could find in Montreal was a 9 1/2 D and a 10 D. 10 fit better, but was still not comfortable enough. It hurts the foot at the bottom of the tongue, where there is a stitch.

Third problem: I don't feel confident enough to pay full price for these, so I thought about buying seconds. I'm saying this because I could order 10 E at Harry Rosen in Montreal, but I'd have to pay the full price. That's too much for me, for a first pair of shoes that I won't wear daily (I work home, these would be for a dressy casual look).

I'd like to know if you guys think a 9 1/2 EEE would be a good idea, as suggested by the guy at the Shoe Bank who answered my e-mails. He said he didn't have any 9 1/2 or 10 E, and suggested 9 1/2 EEE or 10 D. I already know the latter is too tight, but I don't know about the other option.

Also I don't know how much breaking in the shoes will help. What's your advice, people? Please share your experience with me.

14. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

You think Mr. Paul and co would be willing to do a group order for us SFers? =)

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

bb fift ave- really love this dark burnished brown. I have fift st boot in same colour but on the boot colour is much lighter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.