1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Really, they can be returned to a regular retail store?!

2. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Yes I've done this twice to the Madison NYC store. They then ship them back to Jeffersonville.

3. timjax

timjax New Member

Just bought my first (and second!) pairs of Allen Edmonds. After much research, AE still seemed like the best buy for shoes at under $200 (Clearance section on their site). I got the Lubbock (Single Monk strap) in Chestnut and the Regent Street in Black; $197 each. Without further ado here's a quick pic!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  4. ScottyBoy920

Good to know. I frequent that store myself.

5. ScottyBoy920

Both look great. I just got the Regent Street in Chili. You should have purchased back when they were running an additional 15% off. Oh well, enjoy the great shoes.

6. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Absolutely. As an architect and designer, I would think it is expected you have a sense of style.

7. timjax

timjax New Member

Haha yeah, I saw that the sale had only recently finished when buying, but figured I might as well buy them. They are both amazing shoes, have to break in the leather soles fast due to the slick nature of it. They are truly beautiful for a pair of shoes. Popping them out for church tomorrow! God bless! :)

8. hollyb

hollyb Active Member

Nice line up Shartmann. Can you please share how the RL Sanderson fit compares to the AE Strand and what size/width are both shoes? I've been meaning to purchase a pair of Sanderson but I am a not sure about the size/width. I got some feedback from a few people here previously on the same question, I'm trying to get as much info on fit before I make the purchase. I am told it fits similar to the AE last #5 however i should go up a width... is this your experience as well? Thanks.

9. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

I ordered the brown Sanderson, Kristle said they are similar to the 2 last but she doesn't know for sure

10. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

what would you say would be the best pair of allen edmonds to wear with shorts?

11. rickrone

you should of gotten the regent street in brown instead.

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

patriots

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

+1

14. rickrone

I was thinking of that too. what color? i was thinking of the burgundy with v tread, what do you think?

15. rickrone

I have BB black fifth ave & cole haan light brown walnut wing tip oxfords here is a pic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COLE-HA...58?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item41729c7132

I just ordered a pair of dark brown AE fifth ave, or should i return those and get different pair of dark brown shoes?

I think i need a pair of dark brown shoes to cover my navy and dark gray suits.
    I have the light brown to cover my lighter suits, and my black shoes to cover my black suits.

what do you think?

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

17. BullseyeOr

BullseyeOr New Member

I just picked up a pair of Sandersons this week. I purchased them in the same size (10E) as my Strands. I find that the Sandersons are narrower, so going up in width seems correct.

18. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Thanks hollyb. The Strands are a 12.5D, and the Sandersons are a 12D. I had the Strands first, and would likely have gotten a 12.5 in the Sanderson but it did not exist. So I tried the 12D, and while it is a bit tighter on the sides it wasn't too bad. I actually prefer this slight snugness and likely could wear a 12D in the Strands (the Jeffersons in the picture that I just purchased are a 12D). So at least for my foot, the same size in each works. I also purchased the brown RL Slaton cap-toe during the same sale, and it fits about the same. I really like both of these models and I'm glad I bought them. The tan Sanderson is pretty versatile, and I have worn them with casual dress pants and I also think they look nice with jeans. It would work with wool dress pants too, but I usually pick the Strands for these.

BullseyeOr, how did you get the Sanderson in an E width? I didn't see any of these available when I purchased mine, and on the RL site they only list D widths. It would have been nice to try a 12E just to see if it fit any better, but overall I'm happy with the 12D.

19. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Preston and Sanibel

20. GentlemanJohnny

GentlemanJohnny Well-Known Member

I haven't been on here in a while and there are 16+ pages of posts that I don't feel like tediously sifting through.....

Just wanted to chime in on the CEO's offer for custom orders. I've been in contact with a representative and they have started production on custom-sized Winhalls with J&R soles. They estimated 8 weeks until it is complete and ready for shipping. They didn't add any charges when I asked for J&R soles and they waived the usual custom-order fee. I also requested a pair of Mora double-monks in shell (for later on and they made the same promises).

So it seems that they certainly followed-through with their claims. I'll post pics once they arrive in a couple of months.

~Johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.