Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommyhk

tommyhk Active Member

Originally I got the neumoras in dark brown and I loved them. They look good paired with almost anything I have in my wardrobe. And garner plenty of compliments and adoration. So when I saw them available in my size in bourbon I jumped on the chance. If you go back a couple pages you can see some photos of them in this thread.

The "chisel toe" or whatever is hardly detracting and I think the slight squareness really adds more than it subtracts from the shoes aesthetics.

The only complaint I have is the location of some of the creasing. They seem to form on both sides of the cap instead of just on the inside which kind of bothers me a little. But not enough to prevent me from wearing/loving them.

As for sizing, they run a tad bit big. I bought them a 1/2 size smaller than my scale size and they fit perfectly. So jut a heads up if you are ordering online.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I've got some breaking news on the next WebGem! The Sales Associate at my local store told me:

:bounce2:CAPPUCCINO CORDOVAN :bounce2:

For all you cappuccino cordovan lovers... no word on which styles will be offered.

Also, he has a cappuccino Dalton in size 10D left over from last year. Not on sale, though...

In other news, the Walton is pretty awesome in person.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

3. evolved

evolved Senior member

That's for sure exciting.....any idea as to when?

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

He said next month. Hope he's right.

5. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Hey Don, can you post a couple pics of your Miro double monks? Saw them at Nordstrom and am thinking of picking them up. Would love to see pics of yours. J

6. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Considering getting a pair of Walton's are you? [​IMG]

7. rgweiser53

rgweiser53 Well-Known Member

How's the quality on the Neumok? I'm looking for a navy shoe, and thought I might just do the WebGem up in all blue...

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Quality is good, but I suppose it depends on what you mean by quality. The standard Neumok comes in blue as seen here.

[​IMG]

9. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

I dont know...I like my blue neumok...quality wise, its a part of the rough collection obviously, so no fine leathers here...and I find it to be just a notch below the mctavish, although the store associate says they are essentially the same shoe...but to my eye, the mctavish just looked a tad more substantial and polished, in a sense. But I like em...you wont see many other people with them on...at least I havent.

10. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

MZhammer in Mn. you can never have too many boots IMO! And the 5th Street is a great boot which I also own. Nice pickup!
    Uh Oh... If this is the Dalton in Cappuccino size 10D PLEASE hit me with a PM with contact info on purchasing. I have the Dalton in walnut shell and the Cappuccino Dalton's must have been a custom MTO. I have 3 AE walnut shell shoes\boots but only 1 in cappuccino which I love. But try not to have any favorites [​IMG]. Kick myself HARD for not picking up the cappuccino McAllister webgem. Would love to know which styles will be offered in cappuccino coming up but will save my pennies and hope for the best. AE Cappuccino is absolutely sublime, your killing me here!

11. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

cappucino cordovan? How much different is this color from the dark brown strand?

12. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Back before they switched from size chart #1 to size chart #3 and nuked availability in my width, I had an all-navy Neumok in my shopping cart and was about to pull the trigger. $199 Webgem beats out $260 stock color any day. :D

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The webgem pricing is pretty sweet. Call an AE store, and I'm willing to bet they can order the stock configuration for the webgem price. AE can still do any 5 last width, you just have to pay extra for it. That may or may not be worth it to you.

14. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

Hi, new to Styleforum as of today!

I'm curious when you say you have the "Bourbon samples". What do you mean by "samples"? And how did you come about acquiring them?

Thanks!

Also, I have acquired 11 pairs of AE's over the past 12 months (first job out of college and went a little overboard). However, I didn't find my perfect sizing until just recently and have several pairs of shoes that don't fit me quite well and are causing pain in my toes. So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this (I tried craigslist already), but if anybody is looking for a lightly-used pair of Walden's (burgundy), Lasalle's (black), or Milford's (black) in 10.5D, please let me know! I'll try Ebay as well, although I've never put anything on there before.

Great forum. Love reading the tips and looking at everyone's great shoes. Excited to post a picture of my collection at some point!

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Yes, your pictures put the idea in my head, and seeing them in person almost sealed the deal. Reading across-the-board spectacular reviews on the AE website also helps. The chili somehow looks especially nicer on these shoes. Definitely on my purchase list.
    You have PM. Next two shoes on my list are definitely the Chili Waltons and the Brown Cordovan Strand (you guys can have all the Cappuccino; leave the brown for me). I'm going to see if I can wait for a sale, but I was so impressed with these two (actually, the Cordovan Strands been on the radar for a while), that I might buy sooner rather than later. And also just go for firsts. Norwich also looks great in Cordovan, but I can't wear the 2 last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.