1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    1) What brand of socks are they? And where did you find them? (Like the look of the fabric)

2) What color of Edge Polish do you use on your shoes, and what brand? And did the shoes have the original Edge color to them as I see?

David

2. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

They are definitely different boots. I agree with your conclusion - the Nordstrom listing picture is incorrect.

3. David Copeland

Tomorrow during the day time, go to the AE site, click on the CHAT, and ask the rep to look at your question - and paste in the web link so they can look at it:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/21300#post_6349770

4. David Copeland

Yes, but take your shoes with you so they can see the problem. Make sure you call the "Men's shoe department manager" at Nordstrom's first and ask him who is the best fitter for AE shoes.

While you are there, try on some other styles (which may have different fits) and develop your Christmas list.

5. David Copeland

Most of my life I have been a D, but I am also tall.

It was not until 1999 when I first got properly sized at Nordstoms for the AE Sanford - that I found I should be wearing a EEE.

I also suspect many first time buyers of AE on retail websites just look at their other shoes and figure that's what size they would be in an AE shoes, no matter what style.

You're about to find your size, and you will be happy once you know it.

2 people like this.
  6. zchen

zchen Senior member

The nordstrom pictures are of the brown calf and not the brown grain

7. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I considered the Brooks Saddle because of the price difference but they only come in tan and I really want the burgundy/black combination. $228.65 + tax sounds like a good deal if they aren't too blemished but with the 20% Amazon coupon I can get a new pair of firsts for only about $33 more which includes free shipping both ways and no sales tax.

8. zchen

zchen Senior member

After much soul searching I went with Walnut Shell Bayfields. It was the one AE shell color I was missing.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice!! what edge trim and sole did you chose? I have Cappiccino Bayfields on order

10. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Welcome to the club!

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I want a pair of Walnut cordovan Leeds. Anyone have a pair they can share a picture of?

12. zchen

zchen Senior member

Transparent Brown sole edge, and Rendenbach sole with sole saver.

13. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

I was actually going to buy these shoes, but they ran out. I'm glad i didn't get it and have to go through the hassle of sending them back. I purchased the AE fifth ave instead, and they are perfect and beautiful.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Very cool! I went with a wheeled edge trim with "fudging" so you dont see the welt stitch and Transparent brown sole edge with the mini-lug (commando) sole.

We should have our roughly around the same time so I look forward to see pictures of them

15. Tardis

Tardis New Member

Yes, AE can and will measure your feet, as can BB or Nordstrom. Should this be your first pair of AE, I strongly suggest
    you get measured and try on shoes.

16. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Do Clifton's run TTS? So far I've turned out to be a 10D in LaSalle, Long Branch, and Strands. Should i go for 10D as well in clifton? Thanks guys?

17. SeptemberSun

SeptemberSun Member

Just bought my 10th pair of AEs in the recent factory sale - the timeless McClain in Black...very excited to see them.

Wearing my 3rd pair today...

[​IMG]

18. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Do Clifton's run TTS? So far I've turned out to be a 10D in LaSalle, Long Branch, and Strands. Should i go for 10D as well in clifton? Thanks guys?

19. MakingChanges

MakingChanges Well-Known Member

I wear a 10D in both Strand and Clifton.

20. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.