Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Same here. I purchased the Woodlore boot trees for my walnut shell Daltons but ended up using those for other boots and use the epic in my Dalton's. And most of my boots and shoes for that matter.

I have the same issue narrow heels and no arch, on my left foot it has flattened totally over the years. I have custom orthotics both for boots and half length thinner ones for dress which cost $400 for each set. Couple of years ago was in an AE store and they sell black superfeet inserts for $20 and I picked up a pair to try. Turns out they work as good or better than my custom ones. They are half length and work in dress shoes and boots without changing the volume in the toe area but help with filling the area in the heel and mid foot. I only wear my custom ones in heavy hiking or hunting boots now. Even then I sometimes wear the black superfeet instead and walk 8-12 miles a day during bird season without any problem. Most foot docs would give me a hard time for saying so but it is worth a try and your only out $20 if it doesn't work. I would keep the 11.5D and try them in those as they are fixed in width for most D width shoes. They do push against the sides of the shoes or boots but it isn't very noticeable and trees bring everything back in when resting. By adjusting lacing tension I can prevent heel slip but it takes tongue pads in a few of my shoes. Good luck.

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

You'd literally have to be a moron to think this is anything resembling a "duckbill looking shit":

[​IMG]

god I hate newbs

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

The cap distance discussion is always interesting. I forget if it was DWFII or Bengal who actually discussed the typical distance of the cap toe design. Couldn't find the post or I'd link it. I think it comes down to preference, some like the PA's look, some like the cap to be longer. Actually wearing a pair of cap toe boots today with my preferred cap look (x-post): [​IMG]

4. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Just curious about some more details on your experience with those black Superfeet inserts. I have a pair of those that I used to use in cheaper shoes, but I've always been nervous to use them in my higher quality shoes from fear that they would chew up the leather linings. Have you experienced any of that? I had a pair of cheaper dress shoes a few years back that they did a bit of a job on by digging into the leather linings around the rim of the insert and it looked pretty bad.

5. MoneyWellSpent

Nice looking boots. Who makes them?

6. MoneyWellSpent

Does anyone know what happened to the Jodox? It was in the 2012 catalog supplement slated for release on December 1st, but I never saw any sign of it. I'm not totally sure about it anyway, given that it is sort of an odd looking hybrid between a PTB and a Chukka, but I'm curious about where it went.

7. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

yall ae fellows have thoughts? Keep nails trimmed and call it good? Esp since these 8s fit better than 8.5s?

8. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

Also, two small bumps on insole on heel--feels like a pebble. Think I can shave that down somehow?

9. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I think you can special order different size shoes direct from AE. I'm not sure if there is an extra charge for this or not.

10. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

youd literally have to be an absolute dumbass to believe that everyone thinks Allen Edmonds captoe needs to change...or to think that the captoe in that pic represents perfection to everyone ...not even close to my eye. lol

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

11. mp906

mp906 Senior member

^ Don't feed the Quadcammer troll.

12. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Which boots are these?

13. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

No I haven't, knock on wood. They do push out a lot on my unlined walnut shell Dalton's which I wore yesterday and it used to concern me some that they would cut through to the outside, however after more than a years wear no problems. I have 3 shoe boxes full of insoles I have collected over the years and they are easily the hardest ones. The next hardest ones are an old pair of green superfeet inserts that you cut to length. The harder the insole the better support they provide which is my main concern. When I get around to it I would like to purchase the next size down to see if it helps reduce the tension on the inside of the shoes\boots but still fits the correct position of my arch.

14. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

15. MoneyWellSpent

Looking good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.