• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on the Franciscan? I remember seeing a while back that someone has seen it in person? I've been wanting a monk strap for a while, but I can't decide based off the one grainy picture I've see of it if it's worth pulling the trigger on or if I should wait for (and spend the extra money on) the monk from the Independence line.

There is a monk on the independence line?

CounselorStyle

Reaction score
Since others are offering suggestions: shortwing blucher. Preferably in the same walnut grain as the MacNeil.

jd82

Reaction score
Just purchased my first AE (Dalton in Chocolate) the other day, wore them over the weekend and today to work. Absolutely love them. Drooled over them for about three months before making the purchase. Anyone have any suggestions for shoe trees for these? Maybe the Woodlore Boot Shoe Tree?

Last edited:

jakej

Reaction score
Optodoc,

I see a chestnut listed as an option but no walnut. Is this the color you are referring to?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I hold out long enough the grey cloud Dalton's will drop some more!

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased my first AE (Dalton in Chocolate) the other day, wore them over the weekend and today to work. Absolutely love them. Drooled over them for about three months before making the purchase. Anyone have any suggestions for shoe trees for these? Maybe the Woodlore Boot Shoe Tree?

I have a couple of the Woodlore boot shoe trees and I wouldn't suggest them. Although the tree rises up high nicely, they are not wide enough for Daltons. I have two pairs of Daltons as well as the Long Branch and for me, the Woodlore Epic trees are the best. You also can't go wrong with the AE full-toe trees (or Jos. A. Bank, which are the same thing).

adsmith4

Reaction score
Saw a black Mora in size 9D at my local outlet the other day. It was a second and I think was priced at $129.00. It is the Ball & Buck for AE brand, they tried to find an 8 or 8.5D for me in brown but to no avail.

dancingbear

Reaction score
1) Classic buck shoe (in fact, more suede options in general)
2) More 8-last options
3) Cap toe boot with a rubber sole (i.e. Bayfield)
4) A website for the shoebank where you can run searches for available models.

Good list.

I will add a request for more non-wingtip boot options in general. Especially in shell. And if shell is MTO anyway, how about increasing the make-up options, colors, styles, etc.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Family photo

Back row: Shell Dalton, Malvern, Amok, McTavish, Westchester, Hale, Park Ave

Middle row: RL Singleton, Neumok, Neumok, Players, Patriot, Fifth Ave, Williams

Front Row: RL Sanderson, Neumora, Park Ave, Lasalle, Elgin, McAllister, Strand

Any suggestions on future additions? I am thinking more Shell for sure
so you got the sanderson's too eh?
patch[1].gif

#morejelly

BCer

Reaction score
As for trees for the Daltons, I have a new pair of Dalton's and am using new pair of full-toe AE trees, that fit perfectly. My Daltons are 12D, and trees are XL. For what it's worth...

BCer

Reaction score
For those who assisted me - thanks, and for those who haven't done so yet, I emailed the shoebank people ([email protected]) yesterday, and very quickly got a reply, with a spreadsheet over 450 lines long. I had asked for availability in the two sizes I fit - depending on last. I can't believe how extensive it is! Now I have to choose - many many new pairs of shoes, or keep the wife!?

marmot8

Reaction score
Any opinions on the Verona? Looking for a basic black loafer and too young for tassels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads