1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

It would be hard to find someone more pleasant to deal with. :nodding:

2. jmon22

jmon22 Member

They had displays set up but only for the Memorial Day featured items. The back of the store was just shelves full of boxed shoes arranged by size. There were also more in the back that she was able to grab for me. A little daunting at first as I have never even seen a pair of AE's before today, but once she measured my feet and I started trying on shoes, the experience was great.

Pick through whatever you want. The only bad pair I saw was a pair of Delrays where the leather on the top of the shoe was all crinkled where the shoe bends. Probably would look like that after a while anyways. She was debating on whether or not to throw them in the damaged pile or not so you aren't going to find any shoes that are incredibly beat up or anything.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  3. khe86

khe86 Senior member

What's Kristle's email? And is there any discount going on? I don't want to waste her time if there is no discount at all.

4. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

everyone accesses the same email for that location I believe (as I've received responses from others to questions I've had)

jville@allenedmonds.com

5. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I could but then would likely get the business from my work colleagues. Maybe I should split the difference, although I would hate to miss out on Saturday delivery. Lately I've been answering "daddy, did you get another pair of shoes?" with "no, I think that's just a pair of shoe trees". Occasionally that has been the correct answer. [​IMG]

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Must be an interesting way to shop for shoes. Kinda like going to Payless and see the shelves of boxed shoes.

Going to have to make it out to my local Shoe Bank some time soon. It's over an hour away.

7. jmon22

jmon22 Member

Pretty fair analogy. I drove over an hour to get there. Was planning on going on Monday when the sale started, but moved some things around today when I found out they were honoring it early. Good idea too the way the phones were ringing.

8. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

thank you sir I just sent her an email

9. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Feel no shame sir you are in good company . I sometimes think what if I lostmy iphone any one who finds it would wonder wtf! 3 pics of his kids and 30 of his shoes

1 person likes this.
  10. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

NOOOOO, i just bought and wore the BB fifth ave for 199. I rather get the name allen edmond on my sole then brooks brothers :(
    someone cheer me up

11. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Welcome aboard, and that you for posting a great photo!

Am I to assume you will be keeping the Welt and Edge dressing in a Natural Color? If so, what brand of edge polish will you be using?

All my best,

David

12. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

whats the difference between the AE fifth ave and BB fifth ave?

13. David Copeland

Why not just answer his question? (He's a newcomer with 15 posts, and probably wanted to confirm what has been posted here)

14. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

already have brown suede malverns..debating whether or not to get tan amoks..so tempting at this price

15. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Based on the advice on this forum I've emailed them as well and gotten very quick responses. What about all the other outlet locations however? If I'm looking for something in particular is it best to email a few? I'm not close to one so it'll be shipped to me anyway. Do they all have the same sales or is it worth getting on the mailing list for several locations?

16. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

all the outlets go off the same inventory/stock list

17. David Copeland

With the fifth film adaptation of The Great Gatsby in theaters now, we may see some very nice shoes and attire come out later this year - as fans enjoy the production styles, and also revisit the original Robert Redford portrayal. Film can lead to styles in the stores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

BB's usually have a padded insole and sometimes the soles are also different. For example, on the BB Strands the sole is a rubber/leather combo. There are much more knowledgeable people here who can add more but hopefully this is a decent start.

19. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I made it to that Alden store last summer. I was hoping to try on a few models and perhaps even make a purchase, but they had very little in my size. Should have picked up some Leather Defender though, as I can't find many places to order it. They have it at JCrew, but the $9 shipping is a bit steep. It's been raining all week so I could have used it.

20. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

I have the same issue with the BB Elgins I bought. The thicker insole makes my feet sit higher in the shoe, hence it doesn't fit as well overall as my other regular AEs. There's more slippage at the heel unless I tie the shoelaces super tight. I've tried to remedy this by buying the AE waxed laces, which grip better over the course of the day. (The BB Elgins came with fairly cheap laces that loosened quite easily.) I hope this fixes the issue. Didn't consider changing sizes or width since the size I got is the size that fits best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.