1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

I'd suggest a different method of lacing, e.g. straight european lacing or sawtooth lacing -> http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

2. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

My shell shoes and boots fit just slightly larger than calf in the same models for the reason you stated. Not enough to change width or size in my experience, just a little bit. My walnut shell Dalton's actually have a little more room in them than my calf and shell Leeds however that could just be my particular boot.
    I wish, but the problem is that like the article said there are no slaughter houses in the US for horses, the last one closed 6 years ago. That was when the Federal Government made slaughter of horses illegal in the US from pressure of groups that have a tendency to humanize horses and other animals such as PETA. And that doesn't stand for People Eating Tasty Animals unfortunately. They overturned that about a year or two ago however no slaughter houses have opened since then. Horses in the US are taken to Mexico and Canada to be slaughter ever since the ban and still are.
    I just packed a pair of CXL and black calf Bayfield's up to send back for exchange of a gift card for what I paid for them. One is a second. With the poron insole I really needed to size up a half size but wore them for 2 years pushing through the tightness anyhow. It is AE CS that is buying them back, not the outlet and I told her they have been worn hard and are not resalable. She didn't care how worn they were, she was the one that told me she was buying them back, I didn't even consider asking and wouldn't even dream of it given their condition and length of time worn. The CXL is a past slightly worn, this is between the Boundary Water Canoe Area and North Shore of Lake Superior last year:
    [​IMG]

You need to call and ask, it is the only way you will know.

3. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

No one is going to be able to look at this and tell if it is poor fitting.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Agreed, but it's pretty much a given his foot is smaller if he lost 60 pounds. He should go get fitted by AE to see what is current size is.

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

6. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

I'd like to know this is as well. Pretty please.

7. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

You're probably right. I actually live outside if Philadelphia, it's just tough to get into the city anymore.

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Ahhh I love the Elgins. Those look great! I was going to wear mine today, but went with the green Rancourt boat shoes.

9. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I already have the Black Park avenues, Walnut Strand, Merlot Mcallister and grey long branch.

Should I add a brown Fifth avenue to the collection?

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  10. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Great shoes!

11. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Was looking at those same boots yesterday. Shoe Banks have them for $254 if you dont mind getting Seconds.

12. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Here are the Brown Shell Patriots from the last sale in action.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

MTO Neumok Webgems arrived in lightning speed. Navy and Grey with Dodgers logo. The shoes look and feel great. There are some minor imperfections, but nothing to get worked up on.

Satisfied purchase, glad I took advantage of the sale.

14. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant the brown Fifth Ave. I didn't know what I was thinking. Maybe it's a freudian slip???
    I kind of regret not getting the Daltons in chilli during the anniversary sale..

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Those are great! Enjoy those Dodger Neumoks!

16. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Jeffersonville outlet is indeed honoring the Memorial Day sale currently. Just ordered a pair of burgundy Cliftons. Had to restrain myself from buying a pair of patriots.

17. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I just ordered the grey long branch. How do you like them? How do you wear them? Just jeans? Do you tuck the jean pant inside the boot to showcase the boot? I bought them cause they look sweet but I am wondering how versatile they are

18. robbrechter

robbrechter Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with the v-tread tap sole? Can't decide between v-tread merlot Patriots and standard sole brown Patriots for Mem Day Sale. Definitely would appreciate your thoughts.

19. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just received my black McTavish pre-loved from eBay. Overall I'm happy with the condition of the shoes, especially for the $100 I paid. Few questions though for those that own Mctavish:
    As you might see in the pics I feel like the back of the shoe doesn't hug my heel. When I walk my heel does not pop out at all but the side and back areas of my ankle doesn't feel like the leather is hugging it, if I'm making sense. Could this be because they were worn by someone else and in time the leather will form to my foot shape? Maybe I should try on a 9.5 or instead of 10D get a little narrower shoe or maybe it's just the way they fit. Please advise

20. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.