• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliebrown2

Reaction score
even if AE doesn't recraft RL, you can wear 'em to death (while caring for them) and you would get the bang for your bucks (at $130+)

AmericanGent

Reaction score
That was quick Fed Ex just dropped off my shoes from the sale that I ordered yesterday. Unfortunately no Saunders for me, the invoice said sorry out of stock
censored.gif
I will get on the waiting list for that one for sure.

The Brooks 7 Tan Calf/Linen are awesome and I can not find anything wrong with them at all so they are a keeper. Of course they look better IRL than the picture. Going to be a few months before it is seasonal enough to wear however.

I also ordered the BB Park Ave in black, yes I have gone for years without the PA wearing my black Leeds instead. Figured the BB PA would be a good bad weather suit shoe in black, especially at $130 I couldn't go wrong. From all the pictures I have seen of them I never liked the short toe cap but these are just about perfect much to my surprise. The gap in the lacing is much larger than my other 5 last shoes and I'm still looking for flaws but haven't seen any yet. I could see a black shell PA making into the rotation, but at some point I have to put an end to this madness. Or not....
I had never look closely at the laces on this shoe until just now- they are a very cool play on a Scottish Ghillie brouge.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

even if AE doesn't recraft RL, you can wear 'em to death (while caring for them) and you would get the bang for your bucks (at $130+)

too much focus on AE recrafting. There are a number of cobblers that will do a job as good or better for the same price. Bnelson is one.

mp906

Reaction score
This thread is killing me. Added brown RL 5th Aves and black RL 5th Aves to my shell 1000 mile order from yesterday. ..

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn u guys! ordered a pair of neumoks and fifth avenues for 117 and 130 each.
Hope they fit! :D

XFi1382

Reaction score
A friend of mine will arrive in NYC for tomorrow and will be there for the coming months. I'm European and looking for a pair of walnut Strands in a quite popular size (guess 9-9.5D, I still have to go to a AE store here to get my measurements).

Do you guys think I still have some time (let's say 3-4 days) to get my measurements and call an AE outlet(s) and let them ship it to NYC? Or are they all sold out? Or what is your POV on how to get the BB Strands (I think I actually prefer those over the official AE ones, since weather in Belgium is othen rainy, and prefer some rubber under my leather soles) the cheapest as possible within the next week shipped to NYC?

Cheers!

IronStyle

Reaction score
FYI for everyone - per the AE Facebook page, the Philadelphia retail store just opened and has a promotion through February 24th with 15% off anything store wide! I just got the deal and no tax either. Just need to order over the phone so great if you know your size. Good luck!

wilbromarshall

Reaction score
Very jealous of you guys that are getting the Sandersons. No luck for the 9.5 EEE crowd on Friday.
musicboohoo[1].gif

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine will arrive in NYC for tomorrow and will be there for the coming months. I'm European and looking for a pair of walnut Strands in a quite popular size (guess 9-9.5D, I still have to go to a AE store here to get my measurements).

Do you guys think I still have some time (let's say 3-4 days) to get my measurements and call an AE outlet(s) and let them ship it to NYC? Or are they all sold out? Or what is your POV on how to get the BB Strands (I think I actually prefer those over the official AE ones, since weather in Belgium is othen rainy, and prefer some rubber under my leather soles) the cheapest as possible within the next week shipped to NYC?

Cheers!

They have plenty of the normal AE strand but are super short (If not out) on the Brooks Bros. Strand.
Definitively call to check. Just bit the bullet on a pair of the BB Walnut strands myself.
I ran to the nearest Nordstrom to check my size in the normal strands and ordered that size.
There doesn't seem to be a difference in sizing.

Outlet number if you need it: (205) 699-6566

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) SWAG says yes. If not Nick at B. Nelson will. And at $130 investment cost not worried about it.

too much focus on AE recrafting. There are a number of cobblers that will do a job as good or better for the same price. Bnelson is one.

+1 . i was going to say the same thing.
+2 It isn't that they are not recraftable which is the important thing. Even my local cobbler will resole however I only let him do my heels. For anything more than that they are going to Wi. or NYC.

Michael Haines

Reaction score

That was quick Fed Ex just dropped off my shoes from the sale that I ordered yesterday. Unfortunately no Saunders for me, the invoice said sorry out of stock
censored.gif
I will get on the waiting list for that one for sure. The Brooks 7 Tan Calf/Linen are awesome and I can not find anything wrong with them at all so they are a keeper. Of course they look better IRL than the picture. Going to be a few months before it is seasonal enough to wear however. I also ordered the BB Park Ave in black, yes I have gone for years without the PA wearing my black Leeds instead. Figured the BB PA would be a good bad weather suit shoe in black, especially at $130 I couldn't go wrong. From all the pictures I have seen of them I never liked the short toe cap but these are just about perfect much to my surprise. The gap in the lacing is much larger than my other 5 last shoes and I'm still looking for flaws but haven't seen any yet. I could see a black shell PA making into the rotation, but at some point I have to put an end to this madness. Or not....
Cold iron what shoe is that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads