• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

khe86

Reaction score
Saunders only available in size 9D and 11D. No more 10D...my wallet is happy but I'm not...

kentyman

Reaction score

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks adsmith4 for sharing this special.

And I also appreciate it. My bank account not so much...

2 Questions on the RL Saunders:

1) Can it be recrafted by AE?

2) Is it certainly on the 2-last?

1) SWAG says yes. If not Nick at B. Nelson will. And at $130 investment cost not worried about it.

2) I don't think so from looking at the profile on the website. If they don't work out then nothing lost except for time and $130 for a few days. But yes it would be nice to know and will in a few days.

khe86

Reaction score
If anyone got the Saunders in 10D and find it doesn't quite fit that well, send me a pm. I'll take them off your hands.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone got the Saunders in 10D and find it doesn't quite fit that well, send me a pm. I'll take them off your hands.

Most certainly will. Hoping I don't have to though.

khe86

Reaction score
Most certainly will. Hoping I don't have to though.

Obviously I'm hoping differently
smile.gif

jch1

Reaction score
I know they are very different styles, but thoughts on Merlot Cliftons vs. Merlot McCalisters?

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I just emailed Kristen at the Charleston Outlet. She says that the Saunders is on the 1 last and is identical in design to the Malvern. Would someone who has the Malvern (or a similar 1-Last shoe) be so kind as to comment on the fit of this model? I wear an 8E in the 5 last and an 8.5D in the 8 last. There is only a brown 8E Saunders and a black 8.5D still available. I want that brown one. Would it work?

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Ahhh. Damn this sale. I just bought a Whiskey cordovan PTB and a Ravello cordovan chukka from Shoemart's 2nd's list for $399 each last night. Today I had to pick up the RL Saunders and a Brooks brown PA.

My wallet and I may be going through a messy divorce soon.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just emailed Kristen at the Charleston Outlet. She says that the Saunders is on the 1 last and is identical in design to the Malvern. Would someone who has the Malvern (or a similar 1-Last shoe) be so kind as to comment on the fit of this model? I wear an 8E in the 5 last and an 8.5D in the 8 last. There is only a brown 8E Saunders and a black 8.5D still available. I want that brown one. Would it work?
Most of my AE shoes are on the 1 or 5 last for me they fit identical but not for everyone. The 8 last doesn't fit me for some reason. The Malvern is a flyer because they used memory foam in it which made it smaller and tighter. I would pick the phone up and call her ASAP and order those 8E now before someone else gets it.

Ahhh. Damn this sale. I just bought a Whiskey cordovan PTB and a Ravello cordovan chukka from Shoemart's 2nd's list for $399 each last night. Today I had to pick up the RL Saunders and a Brooks brown PA.

My wallet and I may be going through a messy divorce soon.
Outstanding job on the Whiskey and Ravello pickups and great choices! Not an easy task to find either anymore. But those 2 in a chukka are on my short list.

cbtaylor

Reaction score

My Malvern was a little smaller than my 5 last shoes, not significant though. I think if the 8E 5 last is perfect for you, should be good.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh...really want a pair of merlot Mccalisters but I just found a pair of Chili Farfaxes. Which one...or both?!@?!@

reidrothchild

Reaction score

I'm 11.5D on the 5 and had to size up to 12D for the Malvern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads