Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCorporation

TheCorporation Member

Gentlemen

I plan to purchase a pair for my birthday very soon. Any recommendations as to where I should get them? I want to get the best price possible, without having to sacrifice much. I'm interested in some strands in walnut calf.

2. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

If you are interested in Walnut Strands, call Earl or Kyle at the AE outlet in Leeds, AL. Phone number is 205-699-6566, they have the Brooks Brothers version on sale right now for $129.00

3. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

I was there yesterday and they said they had just ordered 35 more pair of sales samples.

Good Deal

4. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

What he said. I live in the L.A. area. Any AE outlets near me?
    [​IMG]

5. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

No clue, but you can call anywhere and they will ship for free.

6. TheCorporation

TheCorporation Member

Thank you for the information, I will be giving them a call once I get my size down.

7. TheCorporation

TheCorporation Member

Thank you, I plan to give them a call sometime very soon! Once I get my sizing down, I'm making the call.

8. Passat774

Passat774 Well-Known Member

Thanks, got a pair of each today!!

9. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Anyone have any experience with AE's boat shoe offerings? I like the looks of the Harbour in brown, though I know their cemented and made in the Dominican Republic. Would y'all skip AE for boat shoes and just stick with something like Sperry's?

10. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Doctors don't wear colored laces. True. But I am a doctor and I DO wear colored laces!

I think medicine may be different from those other occupations listed. It is appropriate in medicine.

11. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Nothing in my size, unfortunately...

12. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Have some confidence and wear colored laces. They're fun and they show some individuality in an office full of clones.

13. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I am in finance and I wear colored laces. Here are some combo's i have done

Bourbon Strands with orange laces, slim fitting Hugo navy pants with a very faint lighter blue plaid, a white and blue mini-box printed shirt, and a blue tie that had an orange sunflower-esque pattern very similar to this tie, but the blue was much darker.

Compliments all day long, and I really like the way the outfit was put together. Certain colored laces go with certain shoes. I wore lime green laces on a pair of black cap toes because of the shirt that I had on, and it looked fine, but not as good as the bourbon/walnut orange combo. My bourbon strands are currently laced with navy laces.

I think laces can be as subtle or as bright as you want, just make sure it works with the outfit. One color I can promise I will never wear to work, is red laces. Other than that, lighter blue, navy, purples, orange, and lime green... hell yes.

The way I see it, and this will come off snooty but the truth is the truth. 95% of the guys in my office are wearing ill fitting pants and shirts, wrinkled, with shoes that haven't seen a shoe tree in their life, on top of that.. polish. No one has room to talk if the subject is the color of shoe laces.... however, most of the feedback I get is always positive regarding my appearance. Some will bust my balls a little bit, but its all in good laughter.

14. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

This is a valid point. Unlike with traditional laces, colored ones need to be incorporated into your outfit. It becomes another accent color that can't just be ignored.

jjr4884: It's too bad you don't like red because I find it can work pretty well as long as the red is deep and the shoe color works with it. I think it works well with bourbon shoes and some combination of very dark, subdued greens somewhere else in the outfit (like a tie). Red is too wide of a range of colors to rule out by itself, but if it doesn't work for you, it's best to make that call like you have.

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I can tell you this as well... The TSA will comment on your colored laces. They see the same boring stuff all day I suppose. Colored laces will get you compliments and maybe even faster through the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.