• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan nubuck Strandmoks today
hz3plWt.jpg

This pair was a custom order with JR soles, courtesy of a lot of work by our friend Ashley and the crew at the AE store in downtown SF. I really enjoy JR soles, especially on a soggy day like today...

DawgPound

Reaction score
More Dalton love today 😁 I’m hearing that these may go away next year, and by looking at the pricing of them lately, it seems like that may just happen. I have two pair…these and a pair in brown shell. I may have to get one more before they’re unavailable.

838501D5-903A-409B-95C9-793BBE8AD106.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Dalton love today 😁 I’m hearing that these may go away next year, and by looking at the pricing of them lately, it seems like that may just happen. I have two pair…these and a pair in brown shell. I may have to get one more before they’re unavailable.

View attachment 1864788
That’s sad. They are a staple. I think maybe just too “dressy”

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
A boring brown Strand for me today, with and equally bland pair of socks. If anyone has a photo or two of the double-monk Mora, I would love to see this one in the wild.
Here ya go! I have the Navy and Burgundy too, as well as some Marin’s on Dainite. Various single monks too. I missed out on the Hickory Strand also as I had just dropped on 2 pair of MacNeil’s and several other pair very near their release.
47ECF4CE-DBCB-4851-BAC7-3BF95173A70A.jpeg

07358CB1-3B1B-4897-BCC5-F9BC33861071.jpeg

1F3BE41F-EC0E-4DF5-869D-2F78808E84E4.jpeg

7F9E0CAD-CB6C-4124-8E25-66B0D21DB982.jpeg

B1583B38-B03D-4935-8ACA-7F8B197229A4.jpeg

FD63BEFE-86A3-4503-BC3B-D5B441933711.jpeg

I also took a moment to measure size differences on my Brannock And I believe you are wise to abandon your stretching of the Strands. A HALF size in toe length is 5/32, ball length is 3/32, and 1 width is 3/16. So 2 sizes in width is 3/8’s of an inch, that’s quite a bit. Enjoys your Moras!

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Here ya go! I have the Navy and Burgundy too, as well as some Marin’s on Dainite. Various single monks too. I missed out on the Hickory Strand also as I had just dropped on 2 pair of MacNeil’s and several other pair very near their release.
View attachment 1864813
View attachment 1864814
View attachment 1864815
View attachment 1864816
View attachment 1864817
View attachment 1864818
I also took a moment to measure size differences on my Brannock And I believe you are wise to abandon your stretching of the Strands. A HALF size in toe length is 5/32, ball length is 3/32, and 1 width is 3/16. So 2 sizes in width is 3/8’s of an inch, that’s quite a bit. Enjoys your Moras!
Thanks Shoe Martian--

This is exactly what I was hoping for: these aren't quite a Strand, but I see they look good in the wild and will be a perfectly acceptable consolation prize (aside from the fact that the too-small Strand I purchased from ShoeBank were $159 for first quality, while these factory-second Mora are double that price). My concern with the Mora is there's quite a bit of plain real estate on the tops, and as I'm a modest 6' tall with a disproportionate size 13 shoe, I am always conscious of footwear that may yield comments such as, "planning to land some sea-faring fighter planes on those aircraft carriers today, are we?"

Another thing that will be stuck in my craw for the foreseeable future is that I missed out on a pair of the Hickory Strand in 12EEE by a matter of seconds. I had been obsessively refreshing the ShoeBank page around the clock for my 13D size--or even a 12EEE, as I have found that a 12EEE in the 65 last feels nearly identical to a 13D. At one point @2 weeks ago I woke up at 6:45am and reached for my iPhone right off, as one does, to check the ShoeBank page. Lo and behold, a 12EEE was showing available. I refreshed it to make sure this wasn't a mistake, and sure enough, there it was. I fumbled through the checkout process as fast as I could, and when I finally hit the PAY NOW button some 30 seconds later, I was greeted with a red pop-up box telling me CANNOT PROCEED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT INVENTORY, or some such similarly-worded cruel joke.

Is there any chance that this pair of too-snug Strand in 12E can be my sockless pair of AE, or can only 23-yr-old guys who model clothes for a living pull off that look?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing black Rutledges again today, Sorry about posting the same shoes again so soon but not many people post pictures of black Rutledges in this group. Mine are MTO. They have thick black rubber soles and heels.

IMG_3902.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, the fireplace at the Tea Rose Garden Tea Room in Pasadena CA and me.

IMG_3922.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, similar to the lists Santa has for children, I have "Naughty" and "Nice" list for Tea Rooms.

The Tea Rose Garden is on my "Nice" list. They get four "Nice points.

They open at 10:00am, you can order what you want, they are half a block from the Gold Line Memorial Park station, and there are lots of other things to see and do nearby.

Today, since it's cranberry season, I ordered cranberry chicken sandwiches, a maple walnut scone, and Assam tea.

IMG_3933.jpeg

The Tea Rose Garden gets an extra seasonal "Nice" point for their nice Christmas Tree.

IMG_3935.jpeg

For fans of Christmas Tree pictures in shoe threads, the Christmas Tree in the South Patio at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal and me. Changed trains here enroute to Pasadena.

IMG_3897.jpeg

For those who want to see more Christmas Tree pictures, the Christmas Trees inside Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.
IMG_3904.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or in some strange spot that isn't dressy enough to be as dress boot, but not casual enough to be a casual style.

Do you really think so?

I'd say they definitely are dressy enough to be a dress boot. They're brogued, they have elegant lines, etc.

But they also look casual enough that I think they can be paired with a streetwear like look without appearing put on.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing black Rutledges again today, Sorry about posting the same shoes again so soon but not many people post pictures of black Rutledges in this group. Mine are MTO. They have thick black rubber soles and heels.

View attachment 1864868

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, the fireplace at the Tea Rose Garden Tea Room in Pasadena CA and me.

View attachment 1864869

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, similar to the lists Santa has for children, I have "Naughty" and "Nice" list for Tea Rooms.

The Tea Rose Garden is on my "Nice" list. They get four "Nice points.

They open at 10:00am, you can order what you want, they are half a block from the Gold Line Memorial Park station, and there are lots of other things to see and do nearby.

Today, since it's cranberry season, I ordered cranberry chicken sandwiches, a maple walnut scone, and Assam tea.

View attachment 1864871

The Tea Rose Garden gets an extra seasonal "Nice" point for their nice Christmas Tree.

View attachment 1864872

For fans of Christmas Tree pictures in shoe threads, the Christmas Tree in the South Patio at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal and me. Changed trains here enroute to Pasadena.

View attachment 1864873

For those who want to see more Christmas Tree pictures, the Christmas Trees inside Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal. View attachment 1864874

You have such a fascinating life, man. I love your adventures. They are constantly a source of inspiration and delight.

You are also the only person who has ever made me want to visit California.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You have such a fascinating life, man. I love your adventures. They are constantly a source of inspiration and delight.
This must be a mistake. The catalogue features a well dressed man?

Where's the dude on the beach wearing black park aves sockless?
Oh

You are also the only person who has ever made me want to visit California.
Visiting California is overrated, unless doing a wine country tour....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This must be a mistake. The catalogue features a well dressed man?

Where's the dude on the beach wearing black park aves sockless?
They actually have some real people this time....no "fashionistas" still nothing that really makes me want to buy....but a good catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads