• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to say... you can try remove the Poron foam in part or all of the shoe. Since you need the room over your arch, its possible that just removing the rear half would work but it may upset the heel/toe balance and feel awkward. (Personally I have a few low-drop and zero-drop athletic shoes and rather like the feeling versus the raised heel of traditional footwear.)

I removed just the front portion of the Poron footbed in my latest shell HM's and it went well. This gives me more wiggle room in the toes while keeping it snug over my low instep and around my narrow ankles. (While this setup provides wonderful arch supper, last week I walked six miles in them and experienced some heel pain from the relatively raised heel... so I may consider taking the rear Poron out also).

This was the second time I have attempted it, and it was by far easier than before. This being a new pair of boots fresh from the factory, the Poron held together better, and the glue was maybe not yet fully set. Instead of scraping the foam out with a tool, I carefully pulled back the leather liner then worked my fingernails under the foam. I did this right after wearing them awhile to loosen up the cork and moisten the leather to weaken the insole adhesive.

I don't have plans to remove the poron. The shoe is comfortable -- just has a wide V. As smfdoc once said, it's the equivalent of a woman asking if her butt is too big. My V-gap is just something I'll have to live with.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have plans to remove the poron. The shoe is comfortable -- just has a wide V. As smfdoc once said, it's the equivalent of a woman asking if her butt is too big. My V-gap is just something I'll have to live with.

If it's just an aesthetic thing then, no one but SF members will even care. Enjoy a nice pair of AE's! Such a fit is unimaginable to me on the 65 last, which has always closed fully with room to spare over my instep (half down and one width up from Brannock).

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This combo will get a number of wears this month before returning to the vault.

IMG_6766.jpg
IMG_6767.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cant find much, if anything wrong. Small nick on inside View attachment 1864390 shaft of right boot, not going to show, or impact them at all. That's all I can find. Also no signs of having been tried on and returned.
One of the reasons that I buy more F’2s. Most of the time I can’t tell the difference.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons that I buy more F’2s. Most of the time I can’t tell the difference.

True. Large majority of my F2s have been better than my last 3 TS orders.

Wearing one such pair today - CXL Courts - while running errands. Wearing them with 3, yes 3, inserts stacked on top of each other so I don't feel the lump in the footbed. Hides the lump but causes heel slip. Whatcha gonna due? (Well, other than have AE replace them or at least offer them as F2s. Unsuccessfully tried that.)

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing a certain pair of Red Wing boots most days. This started at the beginning of October and it’s been two months now. They are making an interesting transformation.

AE3DDF82-A9C0-4608-8458-2398CD72FEE3.jpeg

7FB93950-8303-43A7-B3B9-5BBB0C49993C.jpeg

I still wear my Allen Edmonds for meetings and the days that I have to go into the office. But for everything else (mowing the lawn, working around the house, walking the dogs, etc.), it’s been these Red Wings.

I wore them a couple of weeks ago when I attended a football game in the freezing cold. Here’s a picture for fans of boots and offensive lineman. (Pro tip: You can make yourself look skinny by getting a picture with the linemen.)

D7F9D762-52DD-4DD5-962C-86C616D555E3.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing a certain pair of Red Wing boots most days. This started at the beginning of October and it’s been two months now. They are making an interesting transformation.

View attachment 1864468

View attachment 1864467

I still wear my Allen Edmonds for meetings and the days that I have to go into the office. But for everything else (mowing the lawn, working around the house, walking the dogs, etc.), it’s been these Red Wings.

I wore them a couple of weeks ago when I attended a football game in the freezing cold. Here’s a picture for fans of boots and offensive lineman. (Pro tip: You can make yourself look skinny by getting a picture with the linemen.)

View attachment 1864469

Where did you get that cool Nike ball cap???

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1864468

View attachment 1864467

View attachment 1864469
Look skinny, I think you are the definition of skinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads