• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you wanted to remove the Poron, it can be done with great effort and a lot of glue thinner. That shoe probably has a texon insole. The cork under it will give you comfort and the glove liner over the insole will make it look decent. Just keep the heel pad.
it's like, why bother..love Poron,,,,

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Tan grain HM’s on Itshide commando soles with Christmas laces from Pisgah Range to kick off December. Also a fresh flannel from Iron Heart. Enjoy your weekend!
DB9163AD-85B2-43A3-8C6C-9448AD14C7C5.jpeg
73A84875-A034-4D2C-8F76-D44BEAED24CD.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems it’s a Trunk Show delivery kinda day! My first ever pair of Randolph’s look down right good in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Green! I took a leap never having tried on a pair, but they seem to fit just fine. Yay! Navy Stands are enroute too!
View attachment 1863551
View attachment 1863552
View attachment 1863553

Look close, I think that’s a touched up flaw! Other than some sloppy interior glue work and maybe a wild thread end, they look tip top! Lovely green, and I like the Natty welt. That was a full wait for sure though.
View attachment 1863584
I agree..
I said that 4 pairs of the Randolph were enough. It's not enough... That green is fabulous.

If I could wear loafers, I’d be the Strand King of them

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, and that's very interesting indeed. My poor wife is surrounded by 3 males, all with November birthdays. I know smfdoc had even more males than me. Anyway, my wife seems to be doing fine and our son seems to be healthy. My oldest son has this bad habit of smelling the shoe trees. I'm sure he didn't learn it from me.

Yep, I had 6 boys and no girls. Then after 4 grandsons, we finally had a granddaughter. She is the first girl born in my direct line in 60 years.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a good list. My favorite AE boots are

1. First Ave
2. Dalton
3. Park City
4. Hamilton
5. Fifth Street
6. Landon
7. Nomad Chelsea
8. MD Chukka
9. HM

I haven't yet taken my Freeport home yet from the AE store (monday, wife is out of town, so it works out) to know where it ranks there.

I only have five ae boots.

Mine would be:

1. Dalton.
2. Dundee.
3. Hamilton.
4. Alpine.
5. Caen.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for spamming the board today, but I just looked at the AE site and it now states the chili Higgins are "chili chormexcel" :oops:. My chili Higgins feel much more soft than my other cxl pairs. Is this really chormexcel?

never trust the descriptions🙄. Also congrats on the baby! I’m always lurking; just don’t post as much.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. It's wet and cool outside, so a perfect day for the wet weather Thousand Oaks. Oddly, Thousand Oaks, CA is more known for the occasional grass wildfires and unrelated mass shooting than it is for wet weather.

IMG_2424.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 10.58.08 AM.png

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never trust the descriptions🙄. Also congrats on the baby! I’m always lurking; just don’t post as much.

I think it's NOT cxl. The reason? The oils do not move around when I squeeze it or push on it. And thank you. You're one of the many lurkers that should post more, especially with your collection. Post those reverse shell HIggins again sometime..

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Looks like a quiet weekend at home today, tomorrow we are hosting my wife's brother and spouse from Florida plus 3 of their married kids (2 of them are locals we see all the time). WTF people from Florida who don't ski are doing in Utah in December I have no idea. I told my wife we should be visiting them.

Marbled Chili Chandlers today. Haven't seen many Chandlers from the TS but I am enjoying mine.

Chandler_Shaved_Chili_3_25.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads