• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since everyone was talking about the Dalton yesterday, I figured I'd break my lone pair out for a day of wear. Not sure what it is about the Dalton, but it takes forrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr to break in. Probably my best fitting pair of AE boots is the Sullivan Street, which is on the same last. Those broke in after like 2 wears and conformed almost perfectly to my foot shape. These Daltons haven't broken in after like 2 years. YMMV.

To be fair, I don't wear the Daltons terribly often, just because they're not the greatest feeling, so it's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. I should probably just put them on and wear them for 2 weeks straight and see how close I can get them to fitting like the Sullivan Street. Or, maybe I'll break down at some point and buy a pair in burgundy or chili shell and move these along somewhere else.

Anyway, these are listed as oxblood, regardless of how they appear in photos. They were someone else's SMU with red Dainite soles that I was happy to nab for a song as seconds from Ashley. They definitely look better in person than they do in an iPotato camera photo.

IMG_6403.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Hunting green suede LWBs from the other guys today. If AE every pulls the MacNeil out of the vault, they should consider a suede upper, like the Schautal.

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2423.jpg

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leeds in mahogany, scotch grain. Unless my research fails me, they were made on a leather sole from 1995 to spring of 96. I’ve been wanting a pair and these showed up on eBay.
D6F9CD02-CC46-41C6-9A3F-A19C8BF912C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Rithrin

Reaction score
Went into SF to pick up the last remaining TS boot from my order. And received a pair of burgundy shell Graysons that were on backorder.

Took my Moras for the trip. Here they are getting kissed by the Bay's rare rain.

PXL_20221201_211949044.jpg

Photos of the TS boots to come soon.

For those lamenting the lack of knobs on AE trees, Woodlore is still offering their whole line of trees, the hefty ones have full heels and knobs. My understanding is that Woodlore makes AEs trees, so I've just always ordered from them directly anyway.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting change of career path, I wish her well
It has been! And thank you. I still hang around and post when I have something relevant to contribute.

Speaking of which...I have been using my Korchmar/AE tech backpack in lieu of a purse for the last month or so, and I don't think I have a single possession I am stopped about in public more. I'd say at least once a week.

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Seems it’s a Trunk Show delivery kinda day! My first ever pair of Randolph’s look down right good in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Green! I took a leap never having tried on a pair, but they seem to fit just fine. Yay! Navy Stands are enroute too!
8EDBC68E-831E-48BE-843B-03B1D64EF3D0.jpeg

53A0878A-B894-4626-8106-52A1A5E56471.jpeg

25774197-9AC8-48A3-B004-CB938A8EADEB.jpeg

Look close, I think that’s a touched up flaw! Other than some sloppy interior glue work and maybe a wild thread end, they look tip top! Lovely green, and I like the Natty welt. That was a full wait for sure though.
E3461EAC-687C-4920-B968-FC82902E267B.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems it’s a Trunk Show delivery kinda day! My first ever pair of Randolph’s look down right good in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Green! I took a leap never having tried on a pair, but they seem to fit just fine. Yay! Navy Stands are enroute too!
View attachment 1863551
View attachment 1863552
View attachment 1863553

Look close, I think that’s a touched up flaw! Other than some sloppy interior glue work and maybe a wild thread end, they look tip top! Lovely green, and I like the Natty welt. That was a full wait for sure though.
View attachment 1863584
Ugh. I’m so jealous. I almost ordered these, too. Gorgeous color.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads