• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chili Varno
20221123_181240.jpg

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Finding any pair of Rush Streets in this kind of almost new condition is quite a treasure. The newer Strandmoks are nice, but I wish they would consider the cxl options again. I'll post pics when my pair arrives in December. BTW, does anyone know if that golden brown cxl is still being made?
I believe it is, as I've seen some recently made shoes from Carmina and Meermin which use natural CXL. Some end up coming out paler, more akin to traditional natty CXL, while some appear closer to this golden brown shade.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Off to dinner in LWBs, of course.

IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_3342.gif

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing tan suede Strandmoks today.

IMG_3790.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, although it may have been cold some places on Thanksgiving, in Santa Monica it was around 75F and sunny.

On Wilshire Blvd between 3rd Street and 4th Street on the way to Ye Olde King's Head for Thanksgiving turkey.

IMG_3770.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, turkey, cider, and me at Ye Olde King's Head.

This year actually tried one of the Brussels sprouts. Cut one in half and ate it. Now I know for sure I do not like Brussels sprouts.

The pub and both dining rooms were filled with people watching Brazil v. Serbia.

IMG_3819.jpeg

For fans of seasonal pictures in shoe threads, the Santa Monica Place Christmas Tree.

IMG_3812.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving friends,

These arrived yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open them up until today. Green Freeports, after a few minutes looking them over I am very pleased with them.

View attachment 1860388
These look absolutely incredible!!! Much lighter shade of green than my Strands. Congratulations!

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I haven’t been on the thread much this year. In fact I’m not sure if I even purchased a pair of AE’s this year. Maybe some OG McT’s early in the year, don’t remember for sure. Things change and life throws you curve balls. We moved into a new house last November. I’ve been very busy since then getting settled. One of my big projects was a storage building in the back yard during the summer. I found some blueprints for a model and built it from the ground up. That zapped up a lot of time and resources that otherwise would’ve gone to hobbies like shoes, clothes, and whatever else. As soon as I finished that, on a whim I decided to start riding motorcycles so I bought a Harley. Turns out HM’s make decent riding boots, BTW. I’ve also travelled a lot this year, inflation has hit us hard, and we’re now preparing for the birth of our 3rd child in January. So we’re very busy and very blessed and, needless to say, AE has been bumped far down the priority list for now. But I do hope you’re all doing well. I’ve always enjoyed this little community and hope to be a little more plugged in again in the near future. Hope you’re all well and have a wonderful Holiday season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads