• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing First Avenues today in honor of trunk shows past. Much as I love me some green shell boots, I have come to the realization that while these are great with linen and khaki, their sleek profile and cap toes are just a little too dressy for denim. What could the solution be, I wonder...?

View attachment 1838091
One solution would be to send them out for a new sole and storm welt, perhaps with a chili or natural finish.
Is that the solution you were thinking of?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to do a shoe inventory from my closet to see how much room I have for acquisitions. This inventory doesn't include 2 athletic shoes, 2 show-shoveling boots, 2 pairs of birkenstock sandals, and 1 pair of water shoes. I also included in the pictures my side of the closet and a close up of my suits. The burgundy suit some asked about is also there.

Shelves:
The top four shelves are for boots, but I have storage items currently on the topmost shelf. The next highest shelf isn't yet full. Below the shelves are sliding shoe storage. Each drawer can fit 5 pairs, but they aren't full yet. It appears I have 13 pairs of boots here and 36 pairs of shoes. I seem to have enough room for 2 more pairs of boots (7 if i use the top shelf) and 14 more shoes if I don't remove any of these.

Top shelf: Tan Nubuck Park City, Marbled Black Shell Landon, Brown Shell HM
Middle shelf: Burgundy Shell 1K Mile, Burgundy Shell First Ave, Navy Shell Dalton, Black Shark/Burgundy Shell Landon, Chili Shell Fifth Street
Bottom shelf: Blue Suede Nomad Chukka, Tan Dublin Stirling, Chocolate Suede Nomad Chelsea, Brown Nomad Chelsea, Gray Suede Hamilton

Top-left drawer: Dark Brown Park Ave, Oxblood Fifth Ave, Black Cobbler Union Miquel, Navy Fifth Ave
Top-right drawer: Chili Park Ave Sneaker, Carbon Strand Sneaker, Natural Shell Park Ave Sneaker, Dark Marbled Cognac Shell Sneaker
2nd-left drawer: Black Shell Cambridge, Black Whitney Wingtip, Brown/White Cobbler Union Spectator, Navy/White Broadstreet
2nd-right drawer: Museum Cognac Cobbler Union Uno, Navy Cobbler Union Uno, Candy Cane Strand Sneaker, Tan suede/Linen McAllister Sneaker
3rd-left drawer: Acorn Hilfire Nubuck Neumok, Bone Strandmok, Denim Suede Neumok, Cherry Suede Neumok
3rd-right drawer: Burgundy Suede MacNeil, Walnut McGregor, Cherry Red Cobbler Union Alex, Natural Shell MacNeil
4th-left drawer: New Balance Trainers, Blue Suede Cooper, Bone Suede MassDrop Chukka, Brown Cole Haan Sneaker
4th-right drawer: Cigar Strand, Tinsel Ave Strand, White Nubuck Spiaggia, Green Shell Strand
Bottom-right drawer: Extra sneakers for my oldest son someday and a bunch of orthotics
Bottom-left drawer: Taupe Suede Strand, Slate Suede Barrett, Loden Suede Strand, Walnut Strand Weave

shoes.jpg
boots.jpg
top.jpg
second.jpg
3rd.jpg
4th.jpg
bottom.jpg
myside.jpg
myside2.jpg
suits.jpg

pbrandes

Reaction score
One solution would be to send them out for a new sole and storm welt, perhaps with a chili or natural finish.
Is that the solution you were thinking of?

I like this pair as they are, but a storm welt is a very appealing option to pair with jeans. Are you by any chance obliquely weaseling me into green shell Higgies? Great idea!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, or if not appropriate for the group, but here is an interesting LWB option that just opened up.

Maybe not appropriate but I'm sharing these anyway. Looks like a more casual last but Rancourt is offering their longwing in Horween natural/whiskey shell!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not appropriate but I'm sharing these anyway. Looks like a more casual last but Rancourt is offering their longwing in Horween natural/whiskey shell!

Enjoy these, all you D-withed mother-Ferragamos!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe those are Blake stitched. Looked them up sometime. Like their medallion, but I think I prefer the 975.

Blake stitch is not really inferior. Some prefer it, IIRC.

Enjoy these, all you D-withed mother-Ferragamos!

Looks to be available in four different widths, from B to EE. I personally don't like the medallion. Grant Stone uses great medallions. Also the AE Rogue had an excellent one IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads