• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best attempt at a @Roycru style post:

Follow old VG along the Freedom Trail in Boston to 25 State Street!

Here we are at Allen Edmonds—an American Shoe company since 1922 (I hear it’s their anniversary this year).

The Strands that I bought in 2018 have returned home, temporarily, for all of today’s fun.

Trunk Show orders are in!!

Green Strands and Natural Higgins Mills (both on Double JR).

I’ll be adding my info to the GoogleDoc soon.

Opted to have just the heels replaced on the eBay MacNeils, as Nichole says there’s still a lot of life in the original soles.

Bonus: #medalliongate imagery…

68E6A2B2-9535-479E-9E56-B2F8EED50412.jpeg
BBB64F64-DC24-4F41-808D-5FF1ABB87EA3.jpeg
B2EABA71-EB58-45C5-A3EC-18301BA3185D.jpeg
8DE1A851-7EEE-4D43-84DA-E4F7D9B40CBA.jpeg
F81A9B18-9E94-4594-AA66-D5DF4852C793.jpeg
FB2B83CA-A26A-4F87-863D-F0539D198EA6.jpeg
F67FBDDB-8A6F-4793-B7AF-B16AF847D1B6.jpeg

Lauren_A

Reaction score
Thanks to the discerning eye of some in the group, we have been made aware of a discrepancy in the cap-toe on the Fifth Street boot samples. The Navy, Green and Black images online and Navy samples in host stores feature the same cap-toe as the Strand. This is different than the other colors on the website and than the Fifth Street originally included. When we brought the Fifth Street back in 2019 for a trunk show, we couldn't locate the correct cap-toe panel, so we used the Strand cap instead. Some of those samples made their way into our host stores and images of them were posted to our website in Navy, Green and Black. At some point between TS19 and now, we found the correct cap toe dye and used that for the other color samples.

To be clear, all Fifth Street pairs for this trunk show will feature the original cap, true to the classic pattern. This cap is show in the Marbled Chili sample image online. It does not have pinking along the seam and includes a different medallion than Strand. We apologize for the oversight in including 2019 samples. I truly believe having the original, correct pattern makes this style even more desirable. Examples of the correct and incorrect cap-toe and medallion are below. If you have questions, reach out to your local sales associate or our Consumer Care team.

Correct Cap-Toe and Medallion
correct.png

Incorrect Cap-Toe and Medallion
incorrect.png

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Order #2: Natural Freeport, Commando Lug Sole, Antique Welt

I was gonna ask should I get the Navy Strand or the Natural Freeport but I already know the answer...

BOTH !!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
My best attempt at a @Roycru style post:

Follow old VG along the Freedom Trail in Boston to 25 State Street!

Here we are at Allen Edmonds—an American Shoe company since 1922 (I hear it’s their anniversary this year).

The Strands that I bought in 2018 have returned home, temporarily, for all of today’s fun.

Trunk Show orders are in!!

Green Strands and Natural Higgins Mills (both on Double JR).

I’ll be adding my info to the GoogleDoc soon.

Opted to have just the heels replaced on the eBay MacNeils, as Nichole says there’s still a lot of life in the original soles.

Bonus: #medalliongate imagery…

View attachment 1836753 View attachment 1836754 View attachment 1836756 View attachment 1836757 View attachment 1836758 View attachment 1836759 View attachment 1836760

Great work my friend.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to bring up what is a sore subject around here, but the top piece of the tongue on those Freeports, what is that made of? Is that tongue really in three pieces?

Absolutely use the OG

I don't know, but it has found its way to the new Barbour Higgins boot. I hope it doesn't infect more Higgins in the future.

:deadhorse:

Also, someone remind me not to wear these to Costco again. I never learn from my mistakes.

IMG_20220926_110408311_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but it has found its way to the new Barbour Higgins boot. I hope it doesn't infect more Higgins in the future.

Also, someone remind me not to wear these to Costco again. I never learn from my mistakes.

View attachment 1836773
Worse than the "criss-cross-applesauce"-ing of years ago :)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to the discerning eye of some in the group, we have been made aware of a discrepancy in the cap-toe on the Fifth Street boot samples. The Navy, Green and Black images online and Navy samples in host stores feature the same cap-toe as the Strand. This is different than the other colors on the website and than the Fifth Street originally included. When we brought the Fifth Street back in 2019 for a trunk show, we couldn't locate the correct cap-toe panel, so we used the Strand cap instead. Some of those samples made their way into our host stores and images of them were posted to our website in Navy, Green and Black. At some point between TS19 and now, we found the correct cap toe dye and used that for the other color samples.

To be clear, all Fifth Street pairs for this trunk show will feature the original cap, true to the classic pattern. This cap is show in the Marbled Chili sample image online. It does not have pinking along the seam and includes a different medallion than Strand. We apologize for the oversight in including 2019 samples. I truly believe having the original, correct pattern makes this style even more desirable. Examples of the correct and incorrect cap-toe and medallion are below. If you have questions, reach out to your local sales associate or our Consumer Care team.

View attachment 1836751

View attachment 1836752

I do not have a dog in this fight because the last does not work for me, but I agree that the OG correct toe cap and medallion are far better than the other. I am a sucker for a great medallion.

Rithrin

Reaction score

View attachment 1836751

View attachment 1836752

Well, I'm glad it was found. Just wish this was clarified prior to the start of the TS. I have a pair back from 2019 and definitely would have placed an order for one with the correct cap, but at this point I've got 2 orders in the system and doubtful that I could afford to go back and order a third pair just to get the "new" cap.

Hopefully this model will be back sooner rather than later. Maybe a calf version? Shell is great, but the calf versions posted here from time to time look fantastic as well!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1836773

You should have just slipped on some peepee in the bathroom, gotten a settlement, and bought yourself a new pair.

Bonus points if you get the reference.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else noting a lag in seeing your in-store orders in your online profiles? I received the email conformation, but the TS orders do not show up when I log in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads