• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I have no interest in the Fifth Street.
View attachment 1836418
The HamilStrand comes in a better size for me.

As much as I love the Hamilton, given the Hamilton is basically just the Strand's big brother, I'd almost feel as if getting it in green shell would be having two green shell strands.

The 5th street is more like a shell 5th Avenue boot, albeit with a medallion toe instead of just the quarter broguing.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Did everyone notice that the switched the Fifth Street captoe medallion back to the old style? That's what sold me.

View attachment 1835747
If it turns out that they ship these with the OG medallion I'm going to be very unhappy. Well, I'll be very happy for all of you who ordered one, then waiting with bated breath for the next time they offer the Fifth St.

I got my orders placed. Chili Carlyle on chili welt with single JR and a marbled chili 5th Street on chili welt with single JR.

This trunk show has been the cheapest yet for me.

I purchased $1040 worth of gift cards for only $890, and I got the $75 off each pair with the coupon.

There are still some AE gift cards on Raise.com at an approximate 12% discount per card for those who are trying to pinch their pennies.
Funny, I saw they still had a bunch of 20% off cards on their site, so I quickly created an account and snatched them all up, then the next day I got an email saying my order was canceled. All the 20%s were gone, but the 12%s were there. Quickly snatched up about 5 of those, went to place the order, site says my account was suspended... no Allen Edmonds lifehacks for me today, I guess! They must have thought it was suspicious that someone creates an account and snags $1000 worth of gift cards in the span of 2 minutes. Maybe next TS.

Woohoo! orders in, anyone doing a spreadsheet?
Right here! (Credit goes to @BFT9000, I just modified one of his old sheets to match this TS)

AEAT TS 22.1 Order Records Sheet

I added everyone's orders that I saw prior to this post, but feel free to jump in there and double check. I left out Welt/Sole info if it wasn't mentioned.

Placed my order at the SF Sutter St location with Jay. Went with Natural Freeport, Antique Welt, Sand Freeport Lug and then a Marbled Chili Chandler with Antique Welt and Double JR.

Talking with Jay, he mentioned that the sales really picked up for this year's TS compared to the last year or two. He said he expected to sell maybe 5 or 6 pairs, but they far exceeded that on the first day. He must have been talking about @Hisheirness23 and his Friday order. I think this TS it's been pretty obvious that AE is really trying to provide options that us fans want, and it shows in sales.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful Hammies, but doesn't the Fifth Street come in the same 65 last and sizes?
For some reason, I can’t get a C width. Go figure.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Rithrin

Hmmm… granted, my Raise account is old and I have plenty of prior purchases and stuff, but I literally got my gift cards immediately on Saturday. I whipped out my phone in the store and purchased a few of them while they were entering my purchases into the computer and I got the card codes immediately.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty shell HMs on commando from last year's TS:
20211221_144324.jpg

20211227_163051.jpg

bpanicola

Reaction score
@Rithrin I had the same issue. I bought five cards last night to go to my AE store today and they canceled my order this morning. This may push me to just buy one pair since I was second guessing the second pair. My current front runner is a Navy Park Avenue with Antique Double JR sole. The second was a Natty Park Avenue with the same sole or red Dainite. I am second guessing as a I have a walnut PA, Bourbon Strands from a previous TS and a tan Strandmok. I feel like I have that color variation covered but could shed a few if I love the natural cordovan when it comes in.

bpanicola

Reaction score
@Rithrin

Hmmm… granted, my Raise account is old and I have plenty of prior purchases and stuff, but I literally got my gift cards immediately on Saturday. I whipped out my phone in the store and purchased a few of them while they were entering my purchases into the computer and I got the card codes immediately.

i had card codes issued immediately as well but received an email this morning that my order was cancelled. I wonder if AE cancelled the cards.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cancelling discounts like that is very sketchy.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend's wedding in California was just called off.... Do that mean I have more spending money for 1 additional pair?

I was honestly super excited to go. The wedding was in San Jose, and I had rented a Porsche 911 to take down the coast for a few days after the wedding to go sight seeing.

At the same time though... natural shell? I am not sure when the next time we will see natty will be...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As much as I love the Hamilton, given the Hamilton is basically just the Strand's big brother, I'd almost feel as if getting it in green shell would be having two green shell strands.

The 5th street is more like a shell 5th Avenue boot, albeit with a medallion toe instead of just the quarter broguing.
Nah. You should have a boot season and shoe season. That just allows you to have the style year round.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My friend's wedding in California was just called off. At the same time though... natural shell? I am not sure when the next time we will see natty will be...

A trip to California and the drive down the coast will always be an option. There are no guarantees of a reappearance of natty shell AND on the style you want. Get the shell. But, to help hold you over here is Joshua Lee Turner playing Celebrate on his day trip in a convertible BMW up the coast on Highway 1. Enjoy. And get the shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads