• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going for a spectator today and ended up with the Indy. Oh wel!
9E9B75E8-5073-4246-B8EC-1960B3CCFDA5.jpeg

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Looking at high-quality silver cuff links… where do y’all go?

I agree with @dpgaloot. I have several pair from Tiffany including Elsa Peretti and Paloma Picasso, and they stand out from most of my others. Looking at a simple silver pair from Pini Parma, but have not committed yet.

C30AD2C5-6CB9-4EF7-9EFF-2890EF0655FC.jpeg

72819626-ECFA-4197-A2B1-9B8E8659F4FF.jpeg

EFBBADB2-4D56-4340-A009-A79AE747ACE6.jpeg

80E5832B-C0E8-4D49-998F-CFDB85305EFF.jpeg

FC82FE74-71B5-42EB-A439-8D5D7126CA92.jpeg

/SPOILER]

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with @dpgaloot. I have several pair from Tiffany including Elsa Peretti and Paloma Picasso, and they stand out from most of my others. Looking at a simple silver pair from Pini Parma, but have not committed yet.

Interesting. I am not seeing these all online. I have a collection of cufflinks that got misplaced in my home renovations and additions over the last year. I will eventually find them, but I have several events that could use them now, so I figured I'd just get some nicer pieces. I am not into the beans ones...thinking of something with Lapis.

Geoff928

Reaction score
Shoes from last week.

Wingtip Wednesday was in full effect. This client has a pug, so the socks were appropriate.
20220813_123721.jpg

Parks at a client's office.
20220811_115322.jpg

20220811_115332.jpg

Almost everything else worn this week was a new-to-me pair of Gridirons, courtesy of @Cronmok . This is one of the most generous gifts I've ever received from a stranger. Thanks again buddy, I really appreciate your gesture more than words can show. Never tried on a Leeds before, but I do own two Daltons on the same 511 last. One in 10D and one in 10.5D. I'm usually a grumpy curmudgeon after wearing the 10D Daltons as they almost always leave a mark on my foot in the form of a heat blister. The 10.5D Dalton is better, but still a strange fit. These Gridirons however, are absolutely perfect on my feet.

Friday was the Eagle's first preseason game, hence the Philadelphia Eagles socks.
20220812_121753.jpg

20220812_121728.jpg

Watched the Saints preseason game on my friend's back porch last night. I have watched so many games from this exact same spot that I'm slowly destroying his back porch.
20220813_212106.jpg

These are so comfortable that I don't need to be watching a football game to enjoy them.
20220814_143535.jpg

20220814_143623.jpg

Thanks again, I'm eternally grateful. :cheers:

Looking at high-quality silver cuff links… where do y’all go?
When it comes to cufflinks, @dpgaloot is right, vintage is king. The majority of my nice cufflinks came from my grandfather and I prize these cufflinks way more than any of my modern ones. Seems to me that the vintage offerings often had a matching tie bar as well. Having said that, I will second what @Baybombers said, Ben Silver has a very nice selection and even has some in lapis lazuli. There may be a bit of a bias with me as Ben Silver is from King Street in Charleston.

I still haven't made my final decision on what to order in regards to team color shoes. Gave myself until the 16th to make my decision and that day is coming up fast. Lately, I have been leaning towards just the football Higgins and the green/white Strandmoks. I really want the solid green Strandmoks, but the possibility of having a green shell Strand offering for Shelltember is even more appealing. Not sure if I would wear the green Strandmoks if I had a pair of green shell Strands in my closet.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoes from last week.

Wingtip Wednesday was in full effect. This client has a pug, so the socks were appropriate.
View attachment 1822305

View attachment 1822306
View attachment 1822307

Almost everything else worn this week was a new-to-me pair of Gridirons, courtesy of @Cronmok . This is one of the most generous gifts I've ever received from a stranger. Thanks again buddy, I really appreciate your gesture more than words can show. Never tried on a Leeds before, but I do own two Daltons on the same 511 last. One in 10D and one in 10.5D. I'm usually a grumpy curmudgeon after wearing the 10D Daltons as they almost always leave a mark on my foot in the form of a heat blister. The 10.5D Dalton is better, but still a strange fit. These Gridirons however, are absolutely perfect on my feet.

Friday was the Eagle's first preseason game, hence the Philadelphia Eagles socks.
View attachment 1822308
View attachment 1822309

Watched the Saints preseason game on my friend's back porch last night. I have watched so many games from this exact same spot that I'm slowly destroying his back porch.
View attachment 1822310

These are so comfortable that I don't need to be watching a football game to enjoy them.
View attachment 1822311
View attachment 1822312

When it comes to cufflinks, @dpgaloot is right, vintage is king. The majority of my nice cufflinks came from my grandfather and I prize these cufflinks way more than any of my modern ones. Seems to me that the vintage offerings often had a matching tie bar as well. Having said that, I will second what @Baybombers said, Ben Silver has a very nice selection and even has some in lapis lazuli. There may be a bit of a bias with me as Ben Silver is from King Street in Charleston.

I still haven't made my final decision on what to order in regards to team color shoes. Gave myself until the 16th to make my decision and that day is coming up fast. Lately, I have been leaning towards just the football Higgins and the green/white Strandmoks. I really want the solid green Strandmoks, but the possibility of having a green shell Strand offering for Shelltember is even more appealing. Not sure if I would wear the green Strandmoks if I had a pair of green shell Strands in my closet.
Did the Pug socks help close the deal? Also Awesome footwear all week!

Cronmok

Reaction score
Shoes from last week.

View attachment 1822305

View attachment 1822306
View attachment 1822307

View attachment 1822308
View attachment 1822309

View attachment 1822310

View attachment 1822311
View attachment 1822312

Looking good! Glad you can put them to good use. Wear them well!

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes from last week.

View attachment 1822305

View attachment 1822306
View attachment 1822307

View attachment 1822308
View attachment 1822309

View attachment 1822310

View attachment 1822311
View attachment 1822312

Those socks are ugly.

Sincerly,

a Giants fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads