• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look a lot darker this time. Is that just the lighting?
It is actually the most realistic of how they look in real life.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. A nice day to break out my Chesters.

FB17B516-3FDD-4D22-A8FD-1D7A8B4F8350.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Peitron

Reaction score
It must be time to spend your Shell money on a custom dog house.

200w.gif

Fortunately these were so discounted that they don't dig too deep into the Shell budget. The trick now is to receive the parcel when the Mrs. is not home and dispose of evidence quickly. Lucky for me, she thinks all my watches and shoes look the same, she can't tell them apart.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I strive to wear these more. But the Cody is such a girly shoe, that I need to build up my testosterone banks just to put them on.
0807CBEE-5CA9-4B26-8D98-FDA470F35905.jpeg
BF78D2A0-C5C2-4B2F-A750-16D77FBA388F.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
The Chester. This is the EXACT shade I have been looking for since 2015 and I only find them in black. I did go with the black, but it was alligator. This is an amazing shoe. I think AE would sell a TON of these should they ever make another appearance.

View attachment 1821618

Does anyone know what last the Chester is on?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Doc, what color is this?? It's really nice.

I found out recently that there was a shoe called the Fairhaven, which is on the 73 last. Always happy to discover AE models I did not previously know about.

My friend, are you sure it is the 73 last? According to this older post from our forum, it is the 234 (4) last.

234 (4) Last: Allen Edmonds' 234 is modeled after the 97 last for the best fit for the average foot, but with a less pronounced point and a subtly squared-off toe. Along with the 678, it’s considered one of the widest and roomiest lasts Allen Edmonds makes. Some people believe it runs a little long.
Models: Addison

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend, are you sure it is the 73 last? According to this older post from our forum, it is the 234 (4) last.

234 (4) Last: Allen Edmonds' 234 is modeled after the 97 last for the best fit for the average foot, but with a less pronounced point and a subtly squared-off toe. Along with the 678, it’s considered one of the widest and roomiest lasts Allen Edmonds makes. Some people believe it runs a little long.
Models: Addison

You're right. It's definitely not the 73 (don't know why I thought it was that last).

There are two numbers inside that show the style number and the time code. The code on the left I think is the style code, which reads 7874, which would be the 234. The code on the right reads 1437, which would mean the 97. I'm pretty certain the 1437 is the date code and not the style code.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
For anyone looking for new, in-box, vintage AEs, I would recommend seller abenne37 on Poshmark.

He has dozens of old stock in very clever models, in a variety of sizes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads