• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southwick

Reaction score
This is brilliant. Great work my friend. I am very impressed.

@mreams99 - it is a strange thing, I don't know you, we might despise each other in real life, we are strangers communicating on a forum for what my stepdaughter called clunky, old man shoes. But I find myself worrying about your wife. We all hope for a speedy recovery and happy ending to this scary situation.
This is why I love this forum. Well said.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is a great day for suede.
9A9C4E79-B9A3-4B4F-89B0-5D2923EF4245.jpeg

Update on my wife:
Because her hemoglobin was low, and has been dropping since Saturday. So she got a transfusion of iron yesterday evening. Her hemoglobin stayed the same, and has now dropped again this morning.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is a great day for suede.
View attachment 1820721

Update on my wife:
Because her hemoglobin was low, and has been dropping since Saturday. So she got a transfusion of iron yesterday evening. Her hemoglobin stayed the same, and has now dropped again this morning.

That's really tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. It sounds like they will need to do a lot of evaluation to determine the specific cause of the heme drop.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. It sounds like they will need to do a lot of evaluation to determine the specific cause of the heme drop.
I’m an engineer, not a doctor.
That response to the iron infusion sounds to me that it’s an issue with the hemoglobin being destroyed faster than she can make it.

Geoff928

Reaction score
First and foremost, @mreams99 , you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping for a full and speedy recovery for your wife.

No work for me today, so I'm just chilling by the pond while giving these parks a sunbath.
20220809_122530.jpg

20220809_121929.jpg

The whole weekend was spent downtown Charleston as I had to entertain six ladies from Omaha and Dallas. When we would go out for the night, they let me pick their shoes. I know nothing of ladies fashion or shoes, but I sure can talk a good shoe game. They respected that. The ladies had the chance to see dolphins while on a catamaran harbor tour, they absolutely loved that. Strands were worn all weekend and were highly approved.

20220728_171432.jpg

20220728_171117.jpg

20220807_153345.jpg

None of these pictures were taken from my phone, so they lost some quality when they were texted to me.

Halls Chophouse is a Charleston staple. I think I did well picking out their shoes, though I have no idea.
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Next day we went to a place called Maya. One of my best friends who bartends on Maya's back porch recommended this place, it was great. I generally don't like being in pictures and because of this I'm never prepared when someone snaps the shot.
imagejpeg_1.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, @mreams99 , you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping for a full and speedy recovery for your wife.

No work for me today, so I'm just chilling by the pond while giving these parks a sunbath.
View attachment 1820788
View attachment 1820789

The whole weekend was spent downtown Charleston as I had to entertain six ladies from Omaha and Dallas. When we would go out for the night, they let me pick their shoes. I know nothing of ladies fashion or shoes, but I sure can talk a good shoe game. They respected that. The ladies had the chance to see dolphins while on a catamaran harbor tour, they absolutely loved that. Strands were worn all weekend and were highly approved.

View attachment 1820790
View attachment 1820791
View attachment 1820792

None of these pictures were taken from my phone, so they lost some quality when they were texted to me.

Halls Chophouse is a Charleston staple. I think I did well picking out their shoes, though I have no idea.
View attachment 1820795

Next day we went to a place called Maya. One of my best friends who bartends on Maya's back porch recommended this place, it was great. I generally don't like being in pictures and because of this I'm never prepared when someone snaps the shot.
View attachment 1820796
Nice shoes, and what is your life?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just when the Horween football leather talk had died down, I now wade in to briefly discuss the Gridirons that just landed. These were around in the 2014 catalog for those who need to look them up. They arrived with AE shoe trees, bags and well packed NOS shoes. Looks like chili edges, which is what I will use when they need sprucing up.

IMG_1999.jpg

Not terribly flexible leather, but not atypical for many different shoes. I was a little confused on the last used as the shoe had a 4103 style number, which I assumed correlated to the 73 last. It does not as it is built on the 511 last, just like the Leeds. I would not have been confused had I simply located the catalog. The catalog also shows the stock shoe at that time was a V tread rubber tap sole. Perfectly acceptable for a casual shoe. They have been brushed and treated with Bick 4 for conditioning. I will get them on the ground tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.43.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.44.44 PM.png

Some conditioning and an initial try-on. They fit and feel good. I may insert a very thin foam insert for a touch of padding for a while. Overall, I am very pleased.

IMG_2003.jpg

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when the Horween football leather talk had died down, I now wade in to briefly discuss the Gridirons that just landed...

First off, GREAT FIND! I'm wearing my Patriots today from the same time-frame.

Secondly, it only died down until Mrs. @mreams99 gets the "all clear" from her doctors - then we're back to full speed trolling!

20220809_153253.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads