• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was joking. I like history and the war of 1812 especially. I have been to Fort McHenry in Baltimore multiple times, as well as the battlefield in New Orleans multiple times.

A war that holds little attraction to me, and I don't know why, is the Civil war.

I should probably start familiarizing myself with it though :rolleyes:

Don't tread on me! But I, coincidentally, FREELY chose to wear these anyway. View attachment 1809989
I vacationed in 1000 Islands NY every year for most of my childhood and my mom owns a summer home up there, so the history of the War of 1812 was imprinted on me well. It never gets enough credit.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vacationed in 1000 Islands NY every year for most of my childhood and my mom owns a summer home up there, so the history of the War of 1812 was imprinted on me well. It never gets enough credit.
I've driven through 1000 islands on my way to Canada. I'd love to visit for real.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wingtip Wednesday

786ACB53-322A-4E47-9B56-D4187FFF62FE.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These specifically.

View attachment 1808431

I would also like the Atom on Plaza in Ravello, but that won’t ever happen for someone like myself.

Love those. @madhat Has a pair of those (same makeup, maybe different last?) Have you contacted Yenni at B+M? She is who was running them, but I guess not right now.

Love hearing about your experience with the pnw boots :) I got the cykel already and have worn them enough I can definitely say I want more lol. Would love to visit whites but don't have the time at the moment. I have said this before, but if you or anyone else has never worked with Kyle Baker in Oregon he's outstanding, can't recommend anyone more.

Normally I wouldn't recommend basing the rancourt sizing on the Patriot but that's gonna be a lot closer - the 65 is very different. The handsewn 800, 114, 2592 lasts are just shorter in length. Definitely don't use the 65 as a starting point.

Yes! I never would have flown there just for that, but visiting the sister in-law (temporarily) living there and I HAD to make a visit to the stores.

I have a cheapie pair of logger boots and the higher heel was hard getting used to, but I love(d) them. I can't wait to wear the real thing with some PNW boots. I will be sure to post photos for you later this year when I get mine.

White's was very, very cool. They have a great facility and smells like leather; taxidermied animals galore in cases and a Filson section, too. Frank's was a very, very small shop with workshop on site. Really neat.

We also got to see Bing Crosby's house, on the Gonzaga campus. Had no idea he grew up there. The real gold/platinum record awards were there... If you visit, you have to check it out! It's free!!

Nicks would be fun to visit although I don't see myself going to Spokane again anytime soon.

I know of him from reading on the net of people ordering.... I will have to check him out.

Ok wonderful, thank you so so much!!

Generally, if you wear a 11.5D in the Patriot, I would probably go with that size for the Rancourt Camp Mocs -- at least I went with the same sizing. The AE 65 last is a long last -- so I think many can get away with sizing down. The AE 606 last is a more true to size last.

Wonderful, thank you my friend!! Funny, most of my stuff is 65 last so I am happy I have those Patriots!

Chili shell PAs to attend an outdoor wedding.

View attachment 1808689

Sharp, very sharp. Chili is so sweet.

Total look for 90 degree outdoor wedding.

View attachment 1808738

I was going to say you were probably the best dressed at the wedding and then you posted the entire ensemble! You both look great!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the NEW Chandler Chukka Boot that just dropped on our website? Crafted on the popular 1757 last (same as Higgins Mill, Freeport) this boot comes in Grey & Brown Suede, 360 GY welted in Port Washington, two eyelets, and Dainite outsoles. Perfect for everyday wear you can dress up or down.

Chandler Chukka Boot
Any news on the next anniversary drop? Thank you

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics