• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chili/linen 100th anniversary McAllisters arrived today just in the nick of time for my Italy wedding/vacation. They came out amazing.

9EE53241-69E2-4E65-94F5-4D7F444061C8.jpeg

BE3F0B0D-7E4D-47D2-A1DE-D4342EB4D6EE.jpeg

1771F03C-9C79-45D0-87F2-3B20A34220BA.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So… these are the most DISGUSTING smelling pairs of new shoes that I have ever smelled. My pair isn’t perfect, but they look great.

Has anyone else noticed the funky smell? I assume it is just the cement that holds the linen to the lining (that you otherwise wouldn’t smell with a leather upper).

View attachment 1809573

Nothing but the delightful smell of new leather shoes coming out of my pair.

I'm an American so I have no idea what happened in 1812
I assume you're joking, but it's actually bothersome that most Americans have no clue what the War of 1812 is.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So… these are the most DISGUSTING smelling pairs of new shoes that I have ever smelled. My pair isn’t perfect, but they look great.

Has anyone else noticed the funky smell? I assume it is just the cement that holds the linen to the lining (that you otherwise wouldn’t smell with a leather upper).

View attachment 1809573
Do they smell like dead fish?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

I assume you're joking, but it's actually bothersome that most Americans have no clue what the War of 1812 is.

Or the impact of the Royal Proclamation of 1763 on the American Revolution.

Even more troubling is that most Brits, Yanks and Canucks aren’t wearing longwing, gunboat bluchers. Call it the decline of western civilization.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1809573

What's the model here? I don't see anything with "linen" or "spectator" at all on the site. That could be because they're more concerned about making sure they have the world's dumbest advertising campaign these days (and that's saying something because Suitsupply) or the site is just crap.

Frankly it's 50/50.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the model here? I don't see anything with "linen" or "spectator" at all on the site. That could be because they're more concerned about making sure they have the world's dumbest advertising campaign these days (and that's saying something because Suitsupply) or the site is just crap.

Frankly it's 50/50.

They are doing limited release campaigns for the 100th anniversary, and this one ended in May.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1809573
New shoes should not smell bad,

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

how can one, either side of the "pond" not know what war of 1812 was....?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamiltons a.k.a. The Strand Boot for today.
20220706_105709.jpg
20220706_105627.jpg
20220706_105637.jpg
20220706_105548.jpg

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's when Chai Coffski invented the Howitzer. A patriotic Amerkin.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I was joking. I like history and the war of 1812 especially. I have been to Fort McHenry in Baltimore multiple times, as well as the battlefield in New Orleans multiple times.

A war that holds little attraction to me, and I don't know why, is the Civil war.

I should probably start familiarizing myself with it though :rolleyes:

Well played sir. Now follow it up with a shoe pic.

Or the impact of the Royal Proclamation of 1763 on the American Revolution.

Even more troubling is that most Brits, Yanks and Canucks aren’t wearing longwing, gunboat bluchers. Call it the decline of western civilization.

Don't tread on me! But I, coincidentally, FREELY chose to wear these anyway.
001 (2).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads