• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Spectating one last time.
View attachment 1809277
Last time?!

Alright, Happy Independence Day, folks! Took out the 1776s for a spin to do what I do every holiday - get themed donuts from Krispy Kreme. It's strangely overcast here considering the multi-week long heat wave we've had. Nice, flat lighting for the shoe pic, though! The 1776s came with poron insole, I believe. These always squeeze the dickens out of my feet with a big v-gap. Gave up hoping I'll break them in, but I still enjoy wearing them!

1656968346347.png

1656968368548.png
Well, sort of, the bottom two were just regular delicious ones.

Hope everyone is practicing safe fun for the holiday!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is going to rain so I thought I should get these wet. I wish I could wear these enough to get them through the patina cycle.
9445CF47-D78D-454B-9B7F-97C47F34919A.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park Avenue in Midnight Navy.
20220705_185644.jpg
20220705_185610.jpg
20220705_185539.jpg
20220705_185442.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have the bone park avenue sneakers with some wear on them? Would love to see some pics. Been doing my best to stay on the fence but the warehouse sale has them calling my name.
Yeah. Waiting on some change from mine. Don't get tons of wear. I'm either in work/workout shoes or dress shoes. They get worn occasionally on weekends, but in all honesty they bother my feet to wear them a full day.
Last time?!

Alright, Happy Independence Day, folks! Took out the 1776s for a spin to do what I do every holiday - get themed donuts from Krispy Kreme. It's strangely overcast here considering the multi-week long heat wave we've had. Nice, flat lighting for the shoe pic, though! The 1776s came with poron insole, I believe. These always squeeze the dickens out of my feet with a big v-gap. Gave up hoping I'll break them in, but I still enjoy wearing them!

View attachment 1809454

View attachment 1809455
Well, sort of, the bottom two were just regular delicious ones.

Hope everyone is practicing safe fun for the holiday!
Yup, poron! Never been a big fan, and knowing how your foot is compared to mine I can see why it would feel tight! I always thought the 1776s should have been unlined on single leather, while the JBMs were lined on dainite...and a boot (which they eventually brought back as the Santa Mok...still unlined and on leather though!)
It is going to rain so I thought I should get these wet. I wish I could wear these enough to get them through the patina cycle.
View attachment 1809484
Yeah, that's about as far as my PA pair have gone.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So… these are the most DISGUSTING smelling pairs of new shoes that I have ever smelled. My pair isn’t perfect, but they look great.

Has anyone else noticed the funky smell? I assume it is just the cement that holds the linen to the lining (that you otherwise wouldn’t smell with a leather upper).

F676F1BD-B3EA-4C0F-AF92-BE34E8F8F887.jpeg

blewnote1

Reaction score
I’m Canadian and I plan on taking your shoes like it’s 1812.
So… these are the most DISGUSTING smelling pairs of new shoes that I have ever smelled. My pair isn’t perfect, but they look great.

Has anyone else noticed the funky smell? I assume it is just the cement that holds the linen to the lining (that you otherwise wouldn’t smell with a leather upper).

View attachment 1809573

Mine smelt of fine leather. Great looking pair of shoes, and the discomfort I experienced went away after a couple wears. They are my go to summer dress shoe now. Loving them!

JRC

Reaction score
Anyone have the bone park avenue sneakers with some wear on them? Would love to see some pics. Been doing my best to stay on the fence but the warehouse sale has them calling my name.

I purchased these about 1 yr ago, they are very comfortable and I really should wear them more often.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 29

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1809573
Didn't notice anything with mine either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads